Number 1432 in a series of caches where a red telephone box is in close proximity to a post box.
The only rules are that they have to be able to be photographed together, be not more than 100’ apart and the phone boxes have to be red.
A Fine Pair # 1432 ~ Bayswater, London
A second Fine Pair in the area: outside a Tube station again. As you admire at the phone booth and post box, the station architecture and the generally buzzling area, don’t forget to collect the following information.
- The electrical box separating the fine pair is numbered AA.
- Walking to the Albert Memorial takes B minutes shorter than going to the Royal Albert Hall.
- The Princess Diana Memorial Fountain lays 1C minutes away.
- Kensington Palace is 1D minutes by foot.
- The Serpentine Gallery is 2xE minutes away.
- On the pavement next to the electrical boxes, there are F pavement covers in a row.
The cache is a few moments away, at N51 30.ABC, W000 11.DEF. Although less than Queesway, it could still be relatively busy, so stealthy move would be useful. Tweezers could be required, too.
This is my 27th and last cache placement during a burst over the last two months, bringing the total to 40 active caches. During this time, I have placed three church micros, eleven SideTrackeds, one War Memorial, and two A Fine Pair caches. It has been great reading logs from interested cachers – thank you.
Optional: out of the U.K. national cache series, caches of which series do you like visiting the most? If you wish, tell us your experience in your find logs!
The A Fine Pair series is managed by mattd2k
If anybody would like to place 'A Fine Pair' of their own please do. I would just ask that you first visit www.afinepair.co.uk to request a number to avoid any duplication
mattd2k also keeps a public Bookmark List of this series. Once your cache is published please contact him via firstname.lastname@example.org to have yours added