An Introduction to Geocaching Class!!! Mark your calendars, the class will be held on Sunday, April 05th, 2020. New to geocaching? Join us to learn a little bit more than you already know. Geocaching Veteran? Come share your stories and help us out!!! Everyone is welcome! See the cache description for more information.
This event will be held in conjunction with the Hagerstown Parks Department as part of a showcase of programs currently offered...The Hagerstown Parks & Recreation Division is offering this class as part of its four season offering. This class will be held indoors at the clubhouse of Hagerstown Greens at Hamilton Run. After a short class attendees will be able to hunt for caches within the area surrounding.
2:00 - 3:30 PM - Introduction To Geocaching Class
This event is to introduce the fun, high-thrill, hobby of Geocaching to the community. Current, Active geocachers are encouraged to attend to share their stories and help out.
Please, please, PLEASE try to RSVP (Will Attend) at least two days prior to the event and state how many folks will be coming. There are covered pavilions, picnic tables, playgrounds, bathrooms and plenty of parking available throughout the parks nearby the event location. As the classroom portion of the event will be held inside there will be tables and chairs provided.
Why YOU, of course...whether you have one cache find or a thousand cache finds, please feel free to come join us for a gecaching class followed by a small meet and greet.
Sunday, April 05th, 2020
2:00 PM - 3:30 PM
Thomas Kennedy Park
50 East Baltimore Street
Hagerstown, MD 21740
To learn about geocaching, trade travel bugs and geocoins and share in the fun. Those who wish to may also do some geocaching before or after the event.
Extra things to keep in mind:
- If you pick up a Travel Bug or trackable coin at one of the events, make sure you log it out so it doesn't show up in the events list. If a trackable sits as being listed in the event for a couple of months, the cache owner is the one that gets the e-mail from the TB owner(s).
- Each person attending is asked to please log your 'Will Attend' if at all possible. We hope to see you there!
- This event will be held rain, snow or shine. In the event of inclement weather an announcement will be made closer to the event date.
FTF honors go to ??? Congratulations!!!
Due to the current (and fluid) situation with regards to the Coronavirus 2019 (COVID-19) virus this event is being altered to conform to current suggested guidelines.
Please read CAREFULLY:
- The event time has been shortened to one hour. It will now be hosted from 2:00 PM - 3:00 PM.
- For those who wish to, I will have a logbook to sign. I suggest that you bring your own writing utensil.
- I will also have disposable nitrile gloves and hand sanitizer.
- Social distancing is the new norm until told otherwise. Please keep six feet from your neighbor.
If for ANY reason you feel that either your safety or anyone else's is more important than a smiley please DO NOT attend. If you are exhibiting ANY of the following symptoms please DO NOT attend. Fever, cough, shortness of breath, and breathing difficulties. Your health AND the health of others is paramount.
If you have any further questions, comments or concerns please do post here and I'll answer as soon a possible.