The Beginning Braai has become a geo-tradition (this is now the 9th annual Beginning Braai), and so we are celebrating the start of another geocaching year with the usual South African Bring and Braai.
We hope to see many new teams as well as our regular friends! Inspired by the original Quick Cuppa (QC) Events in Pretoria many years ago, which then morphed into the QS (Quick Social) events around Johannesburg where we first attended geoevents, and then expanded into the ERQGT and WRQGT events, this is an opportunity for all Gauteng geocachers to spend some social time together. Over the years we even had some geocachers from as far afield as Norway and Belgium join us. We invite all geocachers to join us today.
This event has become a showcase for some of the finest geocuisine being shared with us, with items like the GEO936 pampoentert, Mrs ThomasFamilyZA's artichoke dip, BruceTP's desserts or The Chef's chocolate mousse appearing on the food table.
So lets prepare for another year of geocaching by spending the afternoon socialising and eating and just having a fine time.
Date: Saturday, 6 March 2021 (deferred from 23 January 2021)
Time: from 2:00pm till 9:00pm (or later if previous events are anything to go by)
The fires should be ready between 4:00pm and 5:00pm
Place: ThomasFamilyZA and BrendsZA's back garden, follow your GPS
What: Bring and Braai
- whatever you want to put on the braai
- whatever you want to drink
- a salad or dessert for the table (please let us know in your will attend log what you plan on bringing so we don't end up with everyone bringing the same)
- marshmallows if you want to toast them later on (or just eat them!)
- your camping chairs or picnic blanket (we have garden chairs for about 20 people, but that is usually not enough)
- swimming costumes
- whatever else is required to comply with any regulations still in place for COVID-19
We will provide the braais, tongs, glasses, crockery and cutlery, as well as the swimming pool and table tennis table.
We will also supply breadrolls and ice cream for dessert.
History of previous year's events:
Community Celebration Events - 2020
This Event is part of a limited release of Community Celebration Events to celebrate 20 years of geocaching. Geocachers hosted events between May 2, 2020 and December 31, 2021. Learn more about Community Celebration Events on the Geocaching Blog.