Come help us clean up the waterways in Anne Arundel County.
This CITO will be done in the water and will require a kayak, canoe or other non-motorized boat.
As much as I love to kayak, I hate seeing all the trash that collects in the water. Let's do our part to clean up this area.
I will provide trash bags.
Please bring the following:
- A non-motorized boat - kayak, canoe, rowboat
- PFD - Personal Flotation Device - life jacket
- Paddles or oars - can't go anywhere without them
- Sunscreen - pretty sure it will be hot
- Hat - protection is key
- Bug spray - don't want to get bitten up
- Grabbing tool - easier to pull trash out of the water if you have something to grab with
- Gloves - some of that trash is nasty
- GPS - we won't just be finding trash, we may also find a cache (or 2)
- Plenty of drinking water - that goes without saying
- Good work ethic - CITO's can be lots of work
The gate to the park is locked, but you can get the combination by visiting this site: https://www.aacounty.org/departments/recreation-parks/gated-park/homeport-farm/index.html
I will try to post the gate entrance combination on this page on the day of the CITO in the logs
Attendance to this event makes you eligible to receive the Cache In Trash Out®, Season 1 Souvenir which has been extended this year.