Blaydon railway station is a railway station serving Blaydon on Tyne in Tyne and Wear, northern England. It is located on the Tyen Valley line (which runs from Newcastel Upon Tyne to Carlisle. It is 5 1⁄2 miles (8.9 km) west of Newcastle Central Station and is managed by Northern Rail.
The station was constructed by the Newcastle and Carlise Railway (N&CR), and opened on 9 March 1835 as the line's initial eastern terminus. Through running to Redheugh, Gateshead on the south bank of the River Tyne began in 1837 and the line was completed through to Carlisle the following year. A second cross-river line via Scotswood to a temporary terminus near the site of Newcastle Central Staion was opened in 1839 (diverging immediately east of the station), although it was not until January 1851 that Central station was accessible via this route. It was enlarged on the opening of the Lanchester Valley Extension line in 1867, with Blaydon Junction opening to its east; this enabled trains to run to Blackhill, Consett and through to Durham. The station was substantially rebuilt in 1912 with new red brick station buildings and glass canopies. Passenger services over the Derwent Valley line ended in 1954 and it closed completely in 1963.
In 1969, Blaydon became an unstaffed station, and the canopies were removed. The station buildings were deolished in 1977 due to neglect and persistent vandalism. Services over the route via the Scotswood Bridge were withdrawn on 4 October 1982 and the line closed (few traces of this now remain, though the position of the station signal box gives a clue as to the old alignment); all services were henceforth diverted over the original 1837 route along the south bank of the Tyne and then onward through Dunston, Bensham Junction and then over the King Edward VII Bridge, a route that had previously only been used by freight traffic.