2020 is the 7th year of WA GOES BIG and unfortunatley this year's original plans had to be cancelled. We would like to continue the tradition of holding an annual WAGB event despite all the current restricitions by holding a 1 day event relatively close to the CBD in Gidgegannup.
Situated about 45km North-East of Perth within the City of Swan, the townsite is located on Toodyay Road.
Whats Happening ?
Due to limitations this year, activities will be at a minimun.
- Hall facilities open from 10.30, get in early to secure your lucky door prize ticket.
- West Oz Geocaching Merchandise available for pickup / purchase (Note no specific merchandise is being made for this event)
- West Oz Geocaching AGM to be held within the Hall from 11.00 - 11.45
- Free BBQ lunch to be held at the hall with indoor / outdoor seating options available from 12.30 to 13.30.
- Gidgegannup hall closed at 15.30.
- A CITO will take place around the showgrounds at the completion of the event 14.00-15.00
- As always throughout the day there will be plenty of time to meet like-minded people and to share geocaching stories, ask questions
- There will be a limited number of giveaways (power tank pens, stickers, replacement logbooks and a few containers) to help encourage cache maintenance and placement.
COVID Safety Guidance
The WA Government has implemented a staged lifting of COVID-19 restrictions. Phase 4 of the State’s COVID-19 restrictions has been extended until 24 October 2020. Under the current Directions, events of any size are permitted (except music festivals), with a minimum of 2 square metres required per person. The WA Government is committed to supporting event organisers in a way that also ensures public health and safety are prioritised.
COVID-19 is spread from person-to-person through close contact and droplets including:
direct contact with infected people
contact with droplets from an infected person’s cough or sneeze
touching contaminated objects or surfaces (like doorknobs or tables), and then touching your
mouth or face.
Good practice physical distancing principles are to:
Hand sanitisation facilities will be available at the entry of the hall for all to use.
Is this your first WA GOES BIG?
Well check out some of the previous WAGB events and you will get an idea of the fun we've had in the past.