This CITO has been arranged with the permission of the
Lake Simcoe Regional Conservation Authority.
IMPORTANT : BE SURE TO READ INFO BELOW
Sheppard's Bush is a 65 hectare Conservation Area located in Aurora, Ontario.
This property has lots of parking, loop trails and plenty of space for distancing.
- This is not a gathering or social event - it is a Cache In Trash Out activity.
- The posted coordinates for the CITO are at the main entrance way.
- There are no fees for parking.
- There are plenty of spaces to park as well as trails to walk, explore and CITO.
- Feel free to upload your individual photos from the CITO in your logs - there are no group photos.
- Your CITO-ing attendance and respect of distancing are all that are needed - thank you.
- To avoid Host interaction(!) feel free to display your caching name(s) through vehicle window.
Bring your face mask; bring your bug spray; bring your gloves!
If you aren't sure what to expect:
- Drive to the posted coordinates during the Event time/date.
- The Host will be at the posted coorrdinates, wearing a face mask and probably waving.
- After your attendance has been acknowledged, proceed into the Conservation Area.
- Park, CITO,avoiding other people (and mosquitoes).
- Collected garbage should be returned to the drop off location (near the posted coordinates).
- As required by: https://wiki.groundspeak.com/display/GEO/Ontario#Ontario-covid19
- This CITO is being held outdoors in a region of Ontario that is confirmed to be in Stage 3 of the reopening.
- To respect Ontario government outdoor gathering limits, please log your Will Attend with due consideration.
- The CITO will be hosted at the posted coordinates - beginning at 10.00am and ending at 11.30am on October 17th 2020.
- As the CITO host, I will be at a safe physical distance at the CITO coordinates to acknowledge attendees, and to confirm attendance.
- This CITO is being hosted with permission from Lake Simcoe Regional Conservation Authority.
- Please consider wearing a face mask and bring your own garbage bags, gloves and hand sanitizer.
- Attendees must practice physical distancing at all times, as per provincial guidance.
- Please focus your CITO efforts on any area of the property that best offers a physically distanced CITO position relative to others.
- Items collected during the CITO can be dropped off at the waypointed location, which will also be sign posted on the day of the CITO.
The LSRCA have also passed on sentiments that are summarized below:
- If people are not from the same household, please maintain 2 metres/6 feet of distance.
- Please consider a face mask or face covering.
- Do not gather in groups across the conservation area; there is plenty of space for everyone!
- Washroom, pavilion and play facilities are currently unavailable at the site.
- Tables and benches are not being serviced or sanitized.
- Please park where indicated; appropriate spots do not block access, gates or other vehicles.
- Be respectful of all conservation area visitors.
- Stepping off the trail to allow others to pass is encouraged and appreciated.