- Geocachers and people with an interest in the topic (new comers welcome).
- Please RSVP by logging a "Will Attend" and indicate if you will be alone or have a "+1".
- Thursday 17th September 2020 starting at 7:15am-ish.
- Jimmy D's CAFE (part of the Moonah Hotel - which used to be called The Mustard Pot). The CAFE is the door nearest the Florist.
- Table(s) will be booked under "John A".
- Parking is available on-street or at the rear. Buses run up Main Rd to/from the City every 10 minutes.
- Worldwide events this year have put the kybosh on a lot of geocaching events.
- I would like to present "my 4 geocaching goals for 2020 and how I have adapted them".
- I have been awarded a community celebration event and would like to discuss my plan with other geocachers.
- I'd also like to discuss a cooperative way of getting to some difficult-to-access D/T caches.
- Jimmy D's does standard "breakfast" items (breakfast burgers, eggs & bacon, ommelettes, between $7.50 and $15) and tea/coffee Wednesday-Saturday from 7am.
- Current COVID-19 restrictions permit small events such as this in Tasmania. Jimmy D's is a relatively quiet place for breakfast and has a COVIDSafe plan for the venue, with the usual hand wash upon entry, arrows, places to stand, etc.
- There are two larger tables in Jimmy D's, each of which is limited to 8 people. The tables must remain physically separated. For this reason this event will need to be limited to a MAXIMUM of 16 people (first in best dressed).
- If anyone is unable to attend in person, I will be happy to arrange to dial you via a video call from my mobile phone if you make prior arrangement, although, I won't guarantee the experience.
- Geocaching event listings require an event to be free. This event is at a cafe that has a COVIDsafe plan, so it's free in so far as as you are not required to purchase breakfast but will be seated on a table with other people who will be, and of course you would not be permitted to bring in outside food & drink.
Please adhere to all directions and signage from the venue in line with their COVIDSafe plan and the current government requirements, including the current guidelines here: https://www.coronavirus.tas.gov.au/families-community/gatherings-density-and-physical-distancing and the updated Augst 28th Public Health Directives (availble on the same website, or newer directives if they are made).
DO NOT ATTEND IF:
- You are unwell, have a cough, fever or any other potential symptoms of COVID-19.
- You have been in contact with someone suspected of having COVID-19 or have attended an area known to have COVID-19 outbreaks.
- You have been ordered to self-isolate/quarantine.
Many factors may place some individuals at higher risk of acquiring an infection and/or experiencing a severe resultant illness. Please consider this in your decision to attend.
Due to the changing situation, it may be necessary to relocate this event nearby and any changes will be logged as announcments to this event page.