Number 1503 in a series of caches where a red telephone box is in close proximity to a post box. The only rules are that they have to be able to be photographed together, be not more than 100’ apart and the phone boxes have to be red.
The headline coordinates will take you to some red metal objects in the village of Colebrooke in Devon. At the time of listing the phone box is now a second hand book store and the post box is still being used as intended.
To find the cache head to the post box:
- If the post box is Victorian the cache is at N 50° 47.361'
- If the post box is Edwardian the cache is at N 50° 47.422'
- If the post box is Georgian the cache is at N 50° 47.361'
Now look at the post box number:
- If the post box is numbered EX17 66 the cache is at W 003° 44.358'
- If the post box is numbered EX17 77 the cache is at W 003° 44.472'
- If the post box is numbered EX17 88 the cache is at W 003° 44.590'
The final is hidden a short distance along a delightful footpath. You are looking for a 50ml tube which is not at ground level. If you opt to drive closer to the cache please be aware of long-term road closures in the vicinity.
The Fine Pair series was originally started by wizardsmum but is now managed by mattd2k
If anybody would like to place 'A Fine Pair' of their own please do. I would just ask that you first visit www.afinepair.co.uk to request a number to avoid any duplication
mattd2k also keeps a public Bookmark List of this series. Once your cache is published please contact him via email@example.com to have yours added