Searryls Cave Cache
In Iowa, United States
How Geocaching Works
Use of geocaching.com services is subject to the terms and conditions in our disclaimer
Please note: Due to White-Nose Syndrome In Bats the cave is now closed. Please do not attempt to access the area. The cache is still available as it is some distance away, but let's still make every effort to protect our wildlife.
Searryl's Cave State Preserve is a 43 acre area featuring a natural cave that holds the state's largest wintering bat population.
There is room to park one vehicle at N42 12.784' W90 54.772'. Be prepared to cross a corn field to access the preserve.
Ebbg raq bs n snyyra gerr pbirerq jvgu cvrprf bs jbbq
- Parking Area SignHere is the sign at the parking and starting area.
- Searryl's CaveBe prepared to get muddy.
- The View From InsideThe cave is wide and flat at the entrance.
- Cool and WetThere is plenty of cold clear water inside. Mist rises from the water in warm weather.
- The RiverThe river directly below the cave.
- Winter in the PreserveA photo of the preserve from February, 2002.
Last Updated: on 07/09/2016 18:04:02 Pacific Daylight Time (01:04 GMT)
Coordinates are in the WGS84 datum