Time to clean up the environment and leave things a bit cleaner than what we found them. As such it's time for a Cache In Trash Out event! We're going to take some time out, clean up the area and leave with a smiley for doing so...
This event will be hosted by the Hagerstown City Parks & Recreation Department and yours truly. I will be supplying the following:
- Trash Bags
- Extra Gloves
Items that YOU should bring with you:
- Long Pants (for those who are allergic to to poison ivy)
- Friends and Family
Why YOU, of course...whether you have one cache find or a thousand cache finds, please feel free to come join us for a CITO - Cache In Trash Out Event.
Saturday, March 06th, 2021
12:30 PM - 1:30 PM
Posted Coordinates. At 12:40 PM we'll make our way to GZ and commence with the clean-up. We will be cleaning up light garbage on this trip with a concentration on the stormwater retention pond and rain garden area on the south side of Fairgrounds Park.
To clean up the environment, talk geocaching, and trade bugs. Those who wish to may also do some geocaching before or after the event.
Extra things to keep in mind:
- If you pick up a Travel Bug or trackable coin at one of the events, make sure you log it out so it doesn't show up in the events list. If a trackable sits as being listed in the event for a couple of months, the cache owner is the one that gets the e-mail from the TB owner(s).
- This event will be held rain, snow or shine. Yes, it occassionally snows in March. Please dress accordingly. In the event of accumulating snowfall an announcement will be made via this page. Be sure to log your 'Note' or 'Will Attend' log so that you may receive appropriate announcements when/if made.
- Those who wish to help out with this event please come dressed appropriately. Briars, brambles, stinging nettle and poison ivy are always a possibility when traipsing through the woods. LONG pants are encouraged if you don't want to be miserable all afternoon.
- ALL current state recommendations with regards to the COVID-19 outbreak WILL be adhered to. These may include event size, social distancing, and the wearing of masks.
Thanks to all who came out to help clean up the environment!!!