"Cache In Trash Out® (CITO) is an environmental initiative supported by the geocaching community. Since 2002, CITO has helped preserve the natural beauty of cache-friendly spaces. In that time, there have been more than 502,000 logged attendances at more than 26,000 events where geocachers helped improve the outdoors." (from geocaching.com's blog)
- By participating in a CITO event this year, you have the opportunity to earn 2 unique souvenirs for your profile.
- CITO 2021 Season 1: March 1 - August 31
- CITO 2021 Season 2: September 1 - November 30
- This event qualifies you for the Season 1 souvenir.
- Attend as many events as you would like, but only one souvenir will be awarded per season.
Time to clean up the environment and leave things a bit cleaner than what we found them. As such it's time for a Cache In Trash Out event! We're going to take some time out, clean up the area and leave with a smiley for doing so...
Hager Park is located in Hagerstown, MD and is named for the city's founder Jonathan Hager. It is home to the American Little League ball diamond, a youth baseball field and also hosts such amenities as a pavilion, play equipment and restrooms.
Anyways, with all of the fine print out of the way let's get back to THIS event. This event will be hosted by the Hagerstown Parks And Recreation Department and yours truly. I will be supplying the following:
- Trash Bags
- Extra Gloves
Items that YOU should bring with you:
- Long Pants (for those who are allergic to to poison ivy)
- Friends and Family
Why YOU, of course...whether you have one cache find or a thousand cache finds, please feel free to come join us for a CITO - Cache In Trash Out Event.
Saturday, June 19th, 2021
12:30 PM - 1:30 PM
Hager Park (Posted Coordinates)
276 E. Memorial Blvd.
At 12:40 PM we'll make our way to GZ and commence with the clean-up. We will be cleaning up light garbage on this trip. While the lion's share of this CITO will be on dry land there may be a bit of garbage down in drainage ditch along the fnceine to the back of the park. If you have a sturdy pair of boots that are capable of handling riprap that would help immensely. Water shoes for those who wish to help out in the ditch (if wet) are also suggested.
To clean up the environment, talk geocaching, and trade bugs. Those who wish to may also do some geocaching before or after the event.
Extra things to keep in mind:
- If you pick up a Travel Bug or trackable coin at one of the events, make sure you log it out so it doesn't show up in the events list. If a trackable sits as being listed in the event for a couple of months, the cache owner is the one that gets the e-mail from the TB owner(s).
- Each person attending is asked to please log your 'Will Attend' if at all possible. We hope to see you there!
- This event will be held rain or shine. In the event of severe inclement weather an announcement will be made closer to the event date. Please keep this page watchlisted and log your "Will Attends" so that any event announcements will be sent to you via e-mail.
- ALL current state recommendations with regards to the COVID-19 outbreak WILL be adhered to. These may include event size, social distancing, and the wearing of masks.
Thanks to all who attended today!!!