From the road intersection at N 44° 45.369', W 91° 32.334', proceed to N 44° 45.368', W 91°32.637'. Park off-road on the edge of the cropped field. (Don't block the access; tractors are bigger than cars.) We are the property owners and geocache seekers have permission to enter the property to seek the cache. Stick to the waypoints in order and you will be on our property. Do not let anyone threaten you with trespassing.
Keep left at the edge of the field and head for the bottom of the hill at N 44° 45.286', W 91°32.584
Follow the overgrown road up the hill, bushwhacking to N 44° 45.159', W 91°32.563. At this juncture of two woods, find the dim trail and follow it in the direction of the cache. Mark a waypoint at the end of the trail and navigate as required to the cache.
The cache will be found at N 44° 45.080', W 91° 32.682', where one of the last of the ancient inhabitants watches over the children of the new.
Some items of note:
- Positions taken with Garmin GPS V using DGPS and averaged/500.
- Bring insect repellent in season.
- Wear long clothing and expect to deal with brush.
- The fastest way out is the waypoints in reverse order.
- Feel free to help yourself to the cache trinkets. They are replenished yearly.
Do not seek this cache during deer or turkey hunting seasons. The "no trespassing" signs are frequently ignored by hunters.