Date: 18 September 2021 (Saturday)
Time: 2:00 - 2:30 p.m.
Location: by Pebble Beach History Sign, Pebble Beach, Marathon Ontario
This year’s WWFM celebrates the return of events to geocaching after the pandemic shut them down for over a year and also the addition of Adventure Labs to Geocaching
Theme is "Adventure Labs" - There are 4 Adventure Labs in the Marathon area
Park within a short walk of GZ. Parking is available nearby, overlooking Lake Superior
Casually make your way towards GZ but as much as you can, act like a muggle, pretend not to know each other or give any indication that something is about to happen. STAY AWAY from GZ until your GPS clock or cell phone tells you it's EXACTLY 14:00 hours
Arrive at GZ. A logbook is available for signing, if you wish
Discuss geocaching - especially for any new geocachers - get hints for difficult caches
Discuss the new Adventure Labs which has a stop here. (North Shore, Lake Superior Tourist Attractions AL)
Group photo in front of the Pebble Beach History Sign for the WWFM website followed by geo-chat, and draw for FTF honours & unactivated geocoin. Social Distancing and masks required.
AT EXACTLY 14:30 hours
The area is to be evacuated without a trace at exactly 2:30 pm.
History of the WWFM:
Podcachers Sonny and Sandy came up with the WWFM idea in 2007 after attending a mega-event. It was meant to be a fun “opposite” of a mega-event with all the cool aspects of a geocaching event, crammed into 15 minutes of excitement. "WW" - World Wide – represents these events occurring across the planet on the same day at (mostly) the same time! These caching events are intended to bring geocachers together in a creative way, as well as introduce others (newbies) to the hobby. (click)
The key to a successful flash mob is to assemble suddenly in a public place and disperse after a few minutes leaving onlookers wondering what just happened!
This Event will be the 15th WWFM Event hosted by a member of The Beagle Clan. We missed hosting an event for WWFM I, WWFM II and WWFM VI.
History of WWFM Events hosted by "The Beagle Clan" - The Marathon Man, Pnutbeagle, The Monster Beagles and Spikybeagle
(18) WWFM XVIII - September 18 (2021) – GC9F6WC – Pebble Bleach & Adventure Labs - Marathon, ON
(17) WWFM XVII - November 14 (2020) – GC921BM – Dress for the Weather - Marathon, ON - CANCELLED DUE TO COVID-19
(16) WWFM XVI - June 22 (2019) – GC8784R – 75th Anniversary Celebrations (Quilts) - Marathon, ON
(15) WWFM XV - June 9 (2018) – GC7PGTG – May the LAV-100 Protect You - Marathon, ON
(14) WWFM XIV - June 10 (2017) – GC72H3H – Thunder Bay - "The Moustache" - Thunder Bay, ON
(13) WWFM XIII – June 4 (2016) – GC6E3KK – Bad Hair Day in Thunder Bay - Thunder Bay, ON
(12) WWFM XII – June 15 (2015) – GC5VTD3 – Penn Lake Park - Marathon, ON
(11) WWFM XI – June 14 (2014) – GC53VQW – Lighting Your Way to the North Shore - Terrace Bay, ON
(10) WWFM X – May 4 (2013) – GC453AY – May the Fourth (Galaxy) Be With You - Thunder Bay, ON
(9) WWFM IX - June 12 (2012) – GC3BN46 – Classic and Antique Cars - New Glasgow, NS
(8) WWFM VIII – June 11 (2011) – GC2P16B – Discover Your Scottsih Heritage - Pictou, NS
(7) WWFM VII – May 10 (2010) – GC232C1 – Polka Dots at the Pagoda - Thunder Bay, ON
(6) WWFM VI – November 9 (2009) – Did not host event this year - We attended WWFM Event in Thunder Bay, OH
(5) WWFM V – May 9 (2009) – GC1MK4X – Revenge of the Caboose - held in Thunder Bay, ON
(4) WWFM IV – November 8 (2008) – GC1GYQK – Snow or Shine in Marathon - held in Marathon, ON
(3) WWFM III – May 8 (2008) – GC1AEY1 – Marathon, Ontario
(2) WWFM II – November 7 (2007) – Did not host event
(1) WWFM I – May 7 (2007) – Did not host event