World Wide Flash Mob
WWFM XVIII - Cannon Park
Be a part of geocaching history!
Finest bunch of Scallywags that ever sailed the briney deep!
Today is the 18th annual World Wide Flash Mob Celebration.
(One of my favorite silly holidays!)
Arrive at 10 AM, and we'll all talk like a Pirate - ARR!
At 10:30 AM we'll take a photo at the cannon
Goto GCWWFM.COM for ALL the World Wide Flash Mob Info!
This is a Flash Mob Gathering of Geocachers
Only 30 minutes long! You MUST be present DURING this time to claim the event.
Summary: The Basic Idea
WWFM XVIII - World Wide Flash Mob coordinated events (see growing bookmark list)
Thousands of geocachers at many events all around the globe, gathering at the same time
Meet at Cannon Park (at 10am) for instructions and preparation.
The event will begin precisely at 10:00 am on Saturday, Sept 18 and will last 30 minutes.
A Bucket placed at ground zero will signal the start of the event!!!
Prior to the start time, mosey and wander about nonchalantly ... Then when the bucket is set down ... come towards Ground Zero
Due to Covid, we will forego the event "meal”.
PLEASE BRING AN INDEX CARD ALREADY SIGNED WITH YOUR CACHING NAME
You will drop the card in the bucket instead of signing a log sheet.
You are encouraged to wear a Pirate Hat, a hook, an eyepatch or other pirating garb!
ADD this event to your watchlist for more detailed information!
There Are Prizes!
Podcacher & WWFM Geocoins & Pirate Travel Tags
PRIZE WINNERS WILL BE DRAWN FROM THE CARDS IN THE BUCKET - Don't forget your card!
Family members under the same caching name should submit a card for each attendee.
If you are feeling sick in any way, or if you have been exposed to someone who has Covid-19, we respectfully ask that you not attend. Mask wearing is optional. Please be respectful of those who wish to maintain social distance.
WWFM History on Long Island & Nearby
- GC1A4D5 WWFM 3 May, 2008 - In the shadow of the Unisphere
- GC1BDCM WWFM 3 May, 2008 - Cachin' Cow Harbor
- GC1GQ16 WWFM-IV November, 2008 - Argyle Park, Babylon
- GC1M6E0 WWFM V - May 2009 - Where's Waldo?
- GC1NZA2 WWFM-V May 2009 - Heckscher Park, Huntington
- GC1YFV8 WWFM-VI November, 2009 - Crazy Hats Riverhead, LI, NY
- GC278E6 WWFM-VII May, 2010 - Umbrellas Up Port Jefferson, LI, NY
- GC2GPGT WWFM-VIII June, 2011 - Beach Balls at Gardiners County Park, LI, NY
- GC3EHR5 WWFM IX June, 2012 - Aloha at Northport, LI, NY
- GC45Z6T WWFM-X May, 2013 - May the 4th Be With You-Argyle Park,Babylon
- GC46FVQ WWFM X May, 2013 - The Tortoise and the Hare at VCP
- GC5200G WWFM XI: June, 2014 - Mineola NY Crimson & Gold
- GC531N7 WWFM-XI June, 2014 - Where's Waldo? Heckscher Park, Huntington
- GC55F08 WWFM XI June, 2014 - New York City
- GC5W144 WWFM XII: June, 2015 - Pirates of Long Island, NY
- GC6GE75 WWFM XIII June, 2016 - The Flash at Heckscher Park, Huntington
- GC73R9A WWFM XIV June, 2017 - Paper Plane Contest MINEOLA NY
Learn more about GoLI at www.GeocachersofLI.org.
Or visit our facebook page at: www.facebook.com/groups/GeocachersofLongIsland