6TH BIKE TRAIL CITO EVENT
WHERE: Parking lot area at the beginning of the east end @ posted coordinates.
WHEN: November 6, 2021 @ 9:30 AM to 10:30 AM Stop by to sign the log book and get your trash bags. You can CITO all day while enjoying the trail we will just be at the posted coordinates during the event time.
For our 12th year we are planning this CITO event along with our annual event. This will be our 6th CITO on the bike trail. We would love to have you join us in helping to clean up this area and the bike trail. Spend the day on the bike trail caching all the caches and picking up trash. Make a true cache in trash out day. Just like all other years transportation will be provided for an extended period of time. Yes that is correct get picked up and brought back to this location or at any of the parking locations along the trail. There will be a few new caches along the way for you to enjoy. The current caches along the trail, range from easy to find, to difficult to find, with some challenging terrain mixed in. This is not a power trail where all the caches are the same, expect variety. For this event the terrain is wheel chair accessible but based on where you go to pick up trash and cache it could go much higher.
- 9:30 to 9:45 meet other cachers talk shop, trade TB's and enjoy a water and a donut.
- 9:45 Greetings and announcements about the trail and caching opportunities in the area. Shuttle schedule and phone number for pick up will be announced during this time.
- 9:50 Group picture
- 9:55 Prize drawing
- 10:00 Pass out trash bags and start picking up trash
- I will discuss where you can leave collected trash for me to gather after the event. There are 3 additional trash pickup locations given as waypoints on this listing.
- 10:30 event site closes but you can pick up trash and cache as long as you want.
- We will have trash bags for everyone
- You might want to bring a pair of gloves
- One of those grabber things will be helpful as well
As in past years all the new caches should all be published the day before the event so just make sure you load the GPS the night before and you should have all the trail caches. No bike is needed to do the trail you can walk the trail. The trail is paved but it is also hilly. This is not a rails to trails bike trail. From one end to the other is about 10.5 miles so it would be a total of 21 miles round trip. For a list of important waypoints along the trail see GC4Q1H2 Bike Trail - Welcome to the Trail.