This GOTCHA Flash Mob event will be held in the Food Court of the Capital City Mall in Camp Hill, PA on Sunday, December 5th, 2021 from 1:00 to 1:30 PM. DON'T BE LATE...
This is a GOTCHA Christmas Flash Mob Event with a twist... it is also an (optional) Gift Exchange! You do not have to participate in the gift exchange to log the event as a find, but if you do wish to participate in the gift exchange, please follow these rules. Read the following instructions carefully, so that no one is disappointed...
Bison Tube Gift Exchange Guidelines:
1) Prior to coming to the event, we would like you to hide a gift (never-to-be published Christmas Cache) to be exchanged with another geocacher somewhere within 10 miles of the Capital City Mall. The gift can be whatever you like... gift card, unactivated geocoins, TB dog tags, swag items, cache containers, etc. Please use your own judgment in selecting your gift items and make sure that they are under 20 dollars in value. You may place your gift items in an inexpensive cache container (i.e., tupperware, Christmas tin, etc.) and hide it to be found later that day. You may fill the container with Christmas cookies or candy to take up any left over space in the container, but make sure your gift container is weather resistant and critter-proof. Don't forget to mark a waypoint for your hidden gift for step 2.
2) Bring a Bison Tube to the flash mob event (I will have free bison tubes there if you need them) if you are participating in the exchange. (I will be bringing FREE additional bison tubes to this Flash Mob event for those who may need them). Inside the Bison tube, place a slip of paper with the coordinates of the Christmas Cache you hid for another cacher to find. In addition, IT WOULD BE A GOOD IDEA TO WRITE YOUR GEOCACHING NAME AND CELL PHONE NUMBER ON THE PAPER, just in case the Christmas seeker needs a phone-a-friend to find their Christmas Cache.
3) At the event, the bison tubes will be placed in a container and mixed up. Everyone who places a bison tube in the container will then be able to randomly choose another bison tube from the container. For those families with multiple cachers, you may bring more than one bison tube, but there needs to be one Christmas Cache hidden for each bison tube placed in the container, or someone will be disappointed.
4) After the Bison Tube Exchange, we will all sign the event log and take a group Flash Mob photo! If you want to wear something for the holiday, your favorite (or ugly) Christmas sweaters or scarves are fine. Feel free to wear Santa hats, elf suits or reindeer antlers, if you want.
5) After the group photo, the event will be over and you may disperse to go find your Christmas Cache!! Remember... the entire cache is yours to keep, including the container; so make sure you take everything with you after the hunt. These containers are not to be left behind or published as a regular cache.
6) When you log the event as attended, please THANK THE CACHER WHO HID YOUR CHRISTMAS CACHE FOR THE GIFT. You may share what your Christmas Cache contained if you like on your Attended log, and feel free to post pictures of the Christmas Cache, too. You can even post a picture of the hiding spot, since this is not a regular cache hide.
You can be as creative as you want in hiding your Christmas Cache. You can make it a traditional type cache, or you can make it a puzzle-cache or multi-cache to make the hunt more fun. Use your imagination!
Remember... the bison tube exchange is a FLASH MOB, so don't be late!
Email me at email@example.com if you have any questions concerning the rules. Remember, I will be bringing FREE additional bison tubes to this Flash Mob event for those who may need them. Fair enough?
Merry Christmas from LeadSinger!
P.S. Hope to see you there!!!