Mount Tabor Park at Rocky Ridge
13616 Motters Station Road
Rocky Ridge, MD 21778
Saturday, May 14, 2022
10:15 am to 3:30 pm
Cache Across Maryland is an annual geocaching tour of the state of Maryland. Ten new geocaches have been placed in various locations throughout the ‘Old Line State’. Be aware that CAM participants logged an average of 1000 miles on their trek around the state last year. The ten CAM caches are generally rated no higher than 2/2 on the ‘star scale’. No special equipment will be needed to find any of the caches. From Western Maryland to the Eastern Shore, Cache Across Maryland 2022 will demonstrate that Maryland truly is ‘America in Miniature’.
The process for participation in CAM:
1. You do not need to be an MGS member to participate in CAM. CAM caches will go live on geocaching.com on the day of kick-off: Saturday, March 19, 2022.
2. Find the ten caches placed around the state. Each CAM 2022 cache contains a means of verification – don't forget to make note of all the attributes! Sign the cache's log book and make a trade if you wish.
3. Once you have found all ten CAM caches there will be a decoder and a CAM Completion Form. Both links will be posted in the CAM 2022 Information Thread. We ask each cacher certain questions to help us better CAM. Please submit your completion form as soon as you complete CAM or when the link is available. You will be required to print a CAM coin redemption form as well as printing your CAM Completion Certificate. The MGS will not be handing out certificates at the picnic.
4. The event will be published two weeks before the picnic.
5. Bring your favorite potluck dish and your CAM coin redemption form to the picnic on Saturday, May 14. Post on the CAM 2022 Picnic Information page to let us know what food item(s) you intend to bring.
The picnic schedule:
10:15 am–12:00 pm: Registration, eat, mingle, complete Icebreaker
12:00 pm-12:30 pm: Awards and announcements
12:45 pm: Group photo
1:00 pm: Bonus caches publish
1:00 pm–3:30 pm: Caching and other activities
3:00 pm–3:30 pm: Picnic clean-up
DISCLAIMER: Searching for any of these caches and participation in this event is done at your own risk. The Maryland Geocaching Society and its individual members can not be held responsible for any injury or damage to property. Please obey all park rules, especially hours of operation, entrance fees, and parking restrictions.