"Cache In Trash Out® (CITO) is an environmental initiative supported by the geocaching community. Since 2002, CITO has helped preserve the natural beauty of cache-friendly spaces. In that time, there have been more than 502,000 logged attendances at more than 26,000 events where geocachers helped improve the outdoors." (from geocaching.com's blog)
- By participating in a CITO event this year, you have the opportunity to earn 2 unique souvenirs for your profile.
- CITO 2022 Season 1: March 1 - May 31
- CITO 2021 Season 2: September 1 - November 30
- This event qualifies you for the Season 1 souvenir.
- Attend as many events as you would like, but only one souvenir will be awarded per season.
Time to clean up the environment and leave things a bit cleaner than what we found them. As such it's time for a Cache In Trash Out event! We're going to take some time out, clean up the area and leave with a smiley for doing so...
The concept of this park was originally approved by Mayor and Council in December 2010. City staff constructed the park in phases in 2013 and 2014. The intent of the park is to create an outdoor space that honors citizens who have contributed to the community in significant ways and to remember important events in the City’s history.
Anyways, with all of the fine print out of the way let's get back to THIS event. This event will be hosted by the Hagerstown Parks And Recreation Department and yours truly. I will be supplying the following:
- Trash Bags
- Extra Gloves
Items that YOU should bring with you:
- Long Pants (for those who are allergic to to poison ivy)
- Friends and Family
Why YOU, of course...whether you have one cache find or a thousand cache finds, please feel free to come join us for a CITO - Cache In Trash Out Event.
Sunday, May 29th, 2022
12:30 PM - 1:30 PM
Memorial Park (Posted Coordinates)
561 South Potomac Street
At 12:40 PM we'll make our way to GZ and commence with the clean-up. We will be cleaning up light garbage on this trip with the lions share
To clean up the environment, talk geocaching, and trade bugs. Those who wish to may also do some geocaching before or after the event.being located along the periphery of the park and in/around the bushes, shrubs and trees.
Extra things to keep in mind:
- If you pick up a Travel Bug or trackable coin at one of the events, make sure you log it out so it doesn't show up in the events list. If a trackable sits as being listed in the event for a couple of months, the cache owner is the one that gets the e-mail from the TB owner(s).
- Each person attending is asked to please log your 'Will Attend' if at all possible. We hope to see you there!
- This event will be held rain or shine. In the event of severe inclement weather an announcement will be made closer to the event date. Please keep this page watchlisted and log your "Will Attends" so that any event announcements will be sent to you via e-mail.
- ALL current state recommendations with regards to the COVID-19 outbreak WILL be adhered to. These may include class size, social distancing, and the wearing of masks.
Thanks to all who attended today!!!