Load up your GPS/Smart Phone and camping gear, invite your family and friends to join you and the North Dakota GeoCaching Association for the 13th Annual Camping & Caching Event. The location this year is at Lake Sakakawea State Park, located near Pick City North Dakota. Come for the day or camp for the weekend. This is a fun filled weekend you don’t want to miss!
- 8:00am-10am Welcome, Activities, & Information
- Afternoon actives TBA
- 6:00pm-8:00pm Potluck party! Please bring a dish to share and your beverage of choice. Silverware, napkins, & plates will be provided. During the dinner we will have a silent raffle going on to support the NDGCA. Donation items for the auction welcome
The Main Event will be held at the BIG Shelter in Lake Sakakawea State Park, we have the shelter all day.
We will continue to update event information leading up to the event. We will share the additional information on the NDGCA Facebook page and website.
- Camping reservations can be made 95 days before the start of the reservation:
- This is a busy state park, so book those camping sites ASAP:
- March 19th 2023 for Thursday June 22nd (Early bird campers )
- March 20th 2023 for Friday June 23rd
- March 21st 2023 for Saturday June 24th
- ND State Park reservation site: https://travel.parkrecnd.com
- Reservation open at 7am Central Time on the first day of the 95-day window after that they can be made 24/7
- Hotels in the area:
- Knights Lodge - (701) 654-9559
- Sakakawea sunset inn - (701) 654-7600
- Friendly reminder: All vehicles must display a valid park entrance pass: Daily $7/Annual$35
- Other events this weekend:
- Meet & Tour – Garrison Dam National Fish Hatchery (June 23rd GC?????)
- 2023 NDGCA Camping and Caching – Meet & Greet (June 23rd GC??????)
- 2023 NDGCA Camping and Caching – Main Event (June 24th GCA5ZEB)
- 12 Months/12 Hikes 2023 – Lake Sakakawea (June 25th GC??????)
- TBA – Possibly Campfire, Goodbye Breakfast, CITO