Thank You All!
for logging this cache, for sharing the pictures, for having a good time ;-)
Groundspeak came up with their new waymark-concept and I decided to transfer my LL-Cache as one of the first. The game is not over it's just another playground:
Funny Mailboxes on Waymarks.com
Thanks and take care
Most every residence has a mailbox. But not every residence has a unique 1 of a kind mailbox. They're out there. They may be in the shape of an automobile, a tractor, or an animal. Plastic (or vinyl) mailboxes that resemble barns that you can buy at Kmart will not be accepted. Please see the example photos of what we're looking for. They can be residential or for a business. Let's see what unique and interesting mailboxes are out there.
The following rules apply:
- Log the coordinates, City, State / Country where the mailbox is located.
- Take a picture of your face, GPS and the mailbox, in the same photo.*
- Multiple logs per geocacher are allowed but every mailbox can only be logged once. Try the Locationless Cache Proximity Analyzer in order to see if anyone has logged a mailbox you want to log. It's quite useful for other locationless caches as well.
- The mailbox itself has to look like something - e.g. a car, an animal, a house and so on. Something on top of, beside or below an ordinary mailbox doesn't count. If the mailbox is very unique there might be an exception to this rule but you've to ask before you log.
- No matter how unique the pole is > it's about the mailbox. If it's an ordinary mailbox attached to very strange pole it doesn't count.
If your log doesn't comply with all the rules it will be deleted.
If your log has been deleted and you want to know why feel free to send me an email. Please send me the link to your log as well since I won't be able to review your log without it. You'll find it in the "[LOG] Log Deletion Notice".
Please refrain from sending me a mail if your face wasn't on any picture: I won't answer these mails anymore. If you don't have the courtesy to read a cache-description before you log the cache, then please don't wonder if your log get's deleted.
Deleted logs since 3/9/2005: 223
These rules have changed at March 7 2005. Founds which have been logged before that date and are not duplicates are grandfathered.
Please Do Not submit anymore Wide Mouth Bass, Fishing Lure, or Red Barn mailboxes. They are not unique and there are plenty of them out there. Also, please do not submit photos of standard mailboxes on decorative posts. This cache is about the mailbox itself, not the posts that support them. thanks.
* Why has to be my face within the picture?
There are so many unique mailboxes out there, that it's quite easy to take a picture of one of them. After a time the cache existed a lot of people just took some crappy drive-by-shots, so I added a little task and as you can see it works: As soon as the people have to take a picture of themselves they start to bother about the quality. I think it's a fair game: You can easily add a couple of found-it logs to your stats as long as you take two minutes more to read the cache description and to take some nice pictures. If you log a cache you should have at least the courtesy to read the whole description before you log it. However if you take very good pictures and you don't have the required money-shot it still doesn't count. And please don't bother me with lame excuses like: "I don't want to post pictures of myself due to security reasons." and "I'm caching on my own. I can't take this picture without help."
Happy Hunting and Cache On!
The Navigatorz and °lli