How Geocaching Works
Related Web Page
Use of geocaching.com services is subject to the terms and conditions in our disclaimer
You will have to climb a litle bit, but there is no special equipment needed to reach the cache. The two level cache is located in the wunderfull Siebengebirge at an altitude of 365 m. Please consider that you are in an protected area: dont dig or loose stones, use the hints for the stages, check none is watching you.
*** UPDATED CACHE DESCRIPTION 120413 ***
i moved all details from my website to this description and reworked the cachedescription acordingly. check out the attached waypoints.
THX to all for keeeping this story alive :-)
How to find the cache:
- a god place to start your hike is the parking lot Logebach (N50 38.959 E7 17.531)
- nearby, there is a little church (Forsthaus Servatius) in the forest (N50 39.036 E7 17.404) - nice to visit
- from the litle church, follow the way through the forest in direction of the cachelocation
- at N50 38.613 E7 16.540 go right hand until you reach the plateau with a great view in the rhinevalley; in your back, you can also see the summit of the himmerich 45 m above, where the cache is located
- if you now trackback, there is a small trail to the summit on the left hand side; follow this trail until you are on the top (N50 38.604 E7 16.387) at an altitude of 365m; you will have a fantastic view in the rhinevalley (in front you see the small village Bad Honnef)
- STAGE1/2: look out for the historic cachelocation N50 38.614 E7 16.378 and feel the historic spirit of the german geocaching history.
- STAGE2/2: the cache (stage2) is nearby stage1; be carefull when reaching the area; the cache is located under a group of stones, Please consider that you are in an protected area: dont dig or loose stones, use the hint for stage2, check none is watching you; the box is a transparent curvertype one (content about 5.4l) )
- Please: only leave things in the cache you would yourself pick up - dont leave food etc. in the box - thanks
Best regards from team konradzuse
haqre n tebhc bs fgbarf
Loading Cache Logs...
Coordinates are in the WGS84 datum