PLEASE TAKE ONLY ONE TB. YOU MAY LOG ANY OTHERS AS A NOTE ON THEIR PAGE FOR CREDIT. OTHER ITEMS MAY BE TAKEN IN ADDITION TO TB’s.
This is the first cache that I placed in this forest. Under the lid of the cache is two numbers that you will need to find this new cache. The numbers have also been placed on the cover of the log book.
The parking location is N43 19.571 W80 23.211. Give yourself about one and half hours to find both caches and about a 3 km. walk. There are lots of hills, most trails are well marked and wide, side trails are not marked.
T.B.W.C. of 2003 stands for “Travel Bug Wilderness Cache of 2003”. The Travel Bugs have grouped together to receive special wilderness training to increase their survival chances while waiting to be moved from cache site to cache site. They felt that with such a cold winter and the expected snow fall they will have to spend a longer amount of time waiting to be picked up by friendly Geocachers than during warmer temperatures. They will receive their training by a group of highly specialised outdoor commando team known for wilderness survival. Their training is almost complete and they are ready to put this new knowledge to work.
Please take only one Travel Bug or a non Travel Bug Trainer. You may place other Travel Bugs in this cache for wilderness training or leave items to make the groups stay in this cache more comfortable. You may log any of the travel bugs as a note on their respective site but only take one. Also don’t forget to log your find and record the two numbers on the lid for the next cache placed in this forest.
Once your found the cache “New name; New Location” record the two numbers.
Number A=____ Number B=____
Add the numbers together and multiply by 100. (A+B) * 100= C ______
Now multiply A*B and add B to there sum. D=______
Add C + D = E ______
Add E to North co-ordinates: N43 18.410
= N43 1___.______
Subtract E from West Co-ordinates W80 23.412
= W80 2___.______
Now that you have your new co-ordinates go find the T.B.W.C. of 2003 and help those Travel Bugs on their way.
Travel Bugs that started out in this cache on January 17th. 2003 and their goals.
Students for the Winter Training Program
1. Flying High Grover: Wants to head East around the world.
2. Hunny: Just wants to be a sweetie with every cache she sees.
3. CM Skater: Visit and meet Geocachers from across North America. Returned for Advanced Training
4. Golden Boy: To travel farther than his brothers.
5. Old Boy: To travel farther than his brothers.
6. Silver Boy: To travel farther than his brothers.
7. Road Chicken: Travel down the highways and get across the road.
8. Hiking Ernie: To see all of Canada.
9. Alert or Bust: Go to Alert, Nunavat Canada or GC5803.
Students for the Spring and Winter Training Program
10. Scorch: He would like to travel the world.
11. Little Bunny Fu Fu: She said she would not bop any more field mice if she could be set free on a whirl wind travel trip over the world.
12. Whooa Dude: He wants to explore and see as many caches as he possible can.
13. Papa Bear: Papa bear misses Mama bear. She is in Puerto Rico. Can you help papa bear get to mama bear?
14. Lonny the Hawkey Twin : He would love to see the hockey towns all over.
15. Yellow Power!: The good will of strangers moves this fella around.
16. Wandering Rodent: He is looking for exciting new places, and great scenery! What he REALLY wants is to be able to send lots of pictures of his travels back home to his family!
17. Stretch Monkey: To explore cache sites in the Guelph area, new and existing
18. Magical Key 2: Would like to see the world.
19. " Bo " Fiddley: would like to visit the Grand Ole Opry down in Nashville .
20. Have Compass - Will Travel: On a quest to see all 50 states!
21. Pool Party Liana : Liana wants to visit many bodies of water including the Great Lakes, the California coast, and Hawaii.
22. Almost Invisible Man: Travel the world to find himself.
Students for the Fall Training Program
23. Ziptrack Racer: Head overseas and eventually return to Ontario
24. Kanadian Krusty: Catch up with American Krusty and have a picture taken together.
25. viper bug: To have my picture taken on the hood of a Dodge Viper GTS
26. Mara's Binky Bug: Please attach something small and baby related and keep moving.
27. D'Oh!: Can you help him get to work?
28. Nero d' Avola: This bug has the mission to visit Sarahjean in Columbia, Missouri, USA.
29. Schwarzwald: It actually belongs to Anja, who recently moved back to Germany and I would like if someone can deliver it to her!
30. Traveling Dog: To travel to Grandma's idea (see the cache). If you are heading west, please help this little dog reach his goal!
Students for the Last Fall Training Program of 2003
31. Blue Furball: work it's way from Coast to Coast
32. Mugato : Please place the Mugato in forest area caches only.
33. Coke Porsche Racer: He likes to travel FAST, so move him from cache to cache as fast as you can!
34. Homercles: Please help him by posting one of your favourite quotes or some words of wisdom when you log him here!
35. Have we made a connection yet? : Looking to collect information about the computers that you all use so that he can hopefully upgrade himself to the next universal connector.
36. Mickey The Monkey: To travel to the Giants Causeway in Co. Antrim Northern Ireland, and have it’s picture taken on the plaque marking the beginning of the Shepherd’s Step.
37. One-eyed Teddy Boo: Visit all the Disney theme parks.
38. Rod's Rod: Travel around the country and return to Sacramento CA. Would like to visit as many Capitols as possible.