Palos Verdes to Santa Barbara View
In California, United States
How Geocaching Works
Use of geocaching.com services is subject to the terms and conditions in our disclaimer
Moderate to difficult hike depending on the route you choose. Splendid view from the cache location.
There are two possible starting points for this cache.
From Rancho Sierra Vista, expect a very strenuous 3 hour climb to the cache (2300 ft altitude gain, poor trails)
Take the Waterfall trail, then the Cabin trail, then up all the way.
From Circle X Ranch, expect 2 1/2 to 3 hours of moderate hiking to the cache.
Take either Backbone or Mishe Mokwa, head for the Tri Peaks trail. Go around Tri Peaks and continue North. Careful ! It's easy to lose the trail around Tri Peaks.
(No hints available.)
- Tri PeakApproaching Tri Peaks, you need to go around it, following a "thin" trail.
- The trail gets wider...For a little while, the trail becomes more visible once you go around Tri Peaks.
- Can you see the trail ?....This is the trail, believe it or not...
Have faith, it gets better.
- Crouching tigers...We crushed all our chips going under this one !
- Swiss cheese rockThe trail gets pretty neat once you passed the first obstacles.
- DestinationThere you are ! You can log your find and enjoy the view.
Last Updated: on 1/20/2017 3:15:47 AM (UTC-08:00) Pacific Time (US & Canada) (11:15 AM GMT)
Coordinates are in the WGS84 datum