How Geocaching Works
Related Web Page
Use of geocaching.com services is subject to the terms and conditions in our disclaimer
The cache is along a bushtrack. You will walk about 1km along the track before you find Ground Zero. You will need the clue from the "Blue Midget" cache otherwise you won't find it. There is a bit of climbing down to do, but it's not too difficult. The cache is a 7 litre container, so you can fit some good stuff in it.
|Welcome to the RED DWARF cache "Bashful".
Heigh-Ho! Heigh-Ho! A-caching we will go! We keep on caching all day long. Heigh-ho!
This cache is part of the Bear Left geocache called "Happily Ever After" (H.E.A).
You will need to find this cache as a part of the H.E.A multicache. You don't have to be looking for the H.E.A cache to find this one, of course, but it also has a clue for H.E.A.
If you park where I did, you will have about a 1km walk to the coordinates given. This will get you close to the cache, but you will need a clue which is kept in my "Blue Midget" cache. Never fear! Blue Midget is not terribly far away from this one.
You will probably see a few joggers and bushwalkers along the way. The road is very smooth and easy to follow, but you will need to do some climbing before you find Ground Zero.
You will want to be a 'First Finder' for this cache as there's lots to take home!
If you really think you need more help, try this video footage from GZ.
- The 'First Finder' will take home a lovely Dwarf "Bashful" as shown above. He has a note around his neck for you.
- You will also get a "First Finder's Certificate" from Red Dwarf.
- And if that isn't enough... The first three finders will take home a medal (as shown in the photo). There's gold, silver and bronze medals for first, second and third places respectively.
Pyvzo qbja gur yrsg bs gur ebpxf naq vg'f arne gjb engure qvfgvapgvir gerrf tebjvat gbtrgure. Vg'f haqre naq gb gur evtug bs n ynetr ebpx arne gur gerrf.
- Cache ContentsHere's what you will find in the "Bashful" cache.
- The riverA nice view of the river you will be overlooking from GZ.
- SpoilerThe spot you will get to if you follow the coordinates above. It's not close enough to the cache tho!
Loading Cache Logs...
Coordinates are in the WGS84 datum