One of the "Easiest" of all my Caches here in the Park.
Though the hide is a couple steps off & down from this pic, getting to this spot is very easy. A very small hill moments away from the nearest trail head.
Local Weather for Nottingham N.H.
The cache is located in the Pawtuckaway State Park. And is close to the Road. Be safe & Enjoy the Great Views! The cache is a medium sized tupperware container, filled with useful items for the young and the old.
To record your visit, there is a logbook, hand drawings are encouraged.
NOTE No Camera in this one.
Hiding spot is about 5' off the edge of a well established trail. Very minor Bushwacking involved, Tread Lightly.
The cache is well hidden & mostly covered but sharp eyes will see it without digging around.
Hope you enjoy the Hikes Hunt & Views.
Map for Pawtuckaway Mountains in Nottingham N.H.
Enter off NH Route 107 The Road your looking for is Reservation Road, heading North it will be on your right. Signs & road names from there are pretty much non-exsitent but if you use My Custom map linked on this page you should have a good head start.
* The main Access road around the Mountains is NOT plowed in the Winter, it is only partialy maintained in the other 3 seasons but heavy rain can wipe out 3 steep areas (1 near South Mnt & 2 a mile before Round Pond) and there not always quick to repair.
* If Your Camping at Pawtuckaway you can also access the Mountains from 2 points on the Campground ground access road but it will add 1 to 1 1/2 hours to your hike.
* You could also get there from the Boat Launch but again it's like a 1 hour add to the hike and Parking reachs capacity early.
* Many have came in off Deerfield Rd. but I have heard through others that they can sometimes Ticket so beware.
Many small compacts get all the way in on a regular basis.
I would try it, even after heavy rain but that's me, GoodLuck!
* All trails & the Access Road can be ridden by snowmobiles in the winter EXCEPT those trails on North & South Mountain.
Use your GPS to find the closest trail head, park & hunt.
Other Pawtuckaway Mountain Caches by NoRain
Misty Mountain Hop
Round Pond Balancing Boulder
Big Alien Green Thing
Bear Paw Hill
Other Caches in The Pawtuckaway State Park
"Tucked Away" Entertainment" By Indi & Dubble Dogs. My 1st ever find
Bookies Paradise By Hobo Monty. Good Reading.
Devils Den By Plotthound2. A must Do! Still my favorite.
Middle Mountain By Silence247. Of the 3 Pawtuckaway Mnts. This one I've summited the most times. Very Glad to see a Cache placed here.
Caches on Pawtuckaway Lake
Log Cabbin Isle By Mr. Phrost. First Cache on the lake.