Edit. Sept. 2014: NEW COORDINATES: N 40° 17.778 W 083° 04.125. The original webcam used for this cache appears to be non-functional, but a different one is being used in its place. The new location where you will need to position yourself is very close to the original location. Info below.
Edit Nov. 2010: Founders' Arch has been removed! Guess things change in life. Please go to the coordinates and pretend you're standing under an arch :-) Bonus points to teams who pose in an arched position :-)
EDIT DEC. 2015: NO finds without a webcam photo will be accepted! If the cam is down or you can't get it to work, then please don't log a find with a selfie. It will be deleted. Thanks for honoring the meaning of a webcam cache, and happy caching!
This is a webcam cache, which requires taking a webcam photo of you at the site, saving it and uploading it with your log. There is no physical cache. In order to claim a find on this cache, you must post a picture taken by the webcam of you at the cache site.
The difficulty rating is due to the technology needs and getting yourself placed in the right spot. The terrain is wheelchair-accessible.
Special instructions for this cache:
The cache is best done in the daytime. Photos taken at night are too dark unless you bring your own strong light source.
EDIT SEPT. 2016: I am modifying the old instructions about how to have someone else take your webcam photo at their computer (written back in 2003) since nowadays people are using their own devices so much to do this cache. You can still do it the "old-fashioned way" by having someone at a remote computer take your photo.
1. Go to the coordinates listed above. Position yourself facing the camera and WAVE so I can tell you're a geocacher.
2. Have a person at a remote computer (or you on your own device) go to JAYWalk Cam .
3. Have the person at the remote computer (or you on your own device) snap your photo using the webcam interface and save it.
4. Upload your webcam photo with your "Webcam photo taken" log on this page.
Thanks and have fun!
Additional rules about photos (based on past issues):
1) Find logs without photos will be deleted after two weeks. If you get your photo after that time period, feel free to re-log your find then with your photo.
2) If you are posting a photo for a group of cachers, list all the cacher names in your log.
3) If another cacher is posting your photo (for a group), please state that in your log (name who posted the photo) so I don't delete your log incorrectly.
4) Photos must have you in them... not visiting the site = not having found a webcam cache.
5) Photos must be taken by the webcam (not your own camera). REPEAT: NO SELFIES, ETC. PHOTOS MUST BE TAKEN BY THE WEBCAM, AND EFFECTIVE DECEMBER 6, 2015, ANY OTHER PHOTOS USED WILL RESULT IN A LOG DELETION WITHOUT WARNING. Thanks!