How Geocaching Works
Use of geocaching.com services is subject to the terms and conditions in our disclaimer
Come see the Ziggurat of Ur, also known as the Ur of the Chaldees Ziggurat at Tall al Muqayyar
This is a rare opportunity to see buildings and ruins that date from 4,000-2,000 BC. Sir Leonard Wooley first excavated this site in 1922-1934. Records establish this site as the ancient capital of Sumeria. Ur of the Chaldees is also considered as Abraham’s birthplace, the common patriarch of the Jewish, Christian and Muslim faiths.
Cache is in a large pill bottle.
- Iraqi currency
- Postage stamps
- $10 phone card
- 110/220 volt adapter
- Safety pin
- Dog tag chain
- Plastic hook
- Paper/Pencil for logs
Please follow the:
Jvguva gur onfr bs n hgvyvgl cbyr ba gur fbhgu fvqr bs gur Mvttheng.
- Ziggurat of Ur
- Cache contentsOriginal contents
- Spoiler 1Me, next to the cache site (Original Cache Location, Not Current!)
- Spoiler 2The cache, uncovered. (Original cache, not new location.)
- Spoiler 3Cache, covered. (Original cache location, not current.)
- ZigguratThe Ziggurat of Ur
Loading Cache Logs...
Coordinates are in the WGS84 datum