How Geocaching Works
Use of geocaching.com services is subject to the terms and conditions in our disclaimer
This cache takes you around some of the highlights of Llanberis at lake level and not far above.
The cache is a small plastic box wrapped in a green bag. The theme of the cache is treasure (obsolete and low value coins and notes from around the world).
Total distance to walk is just over 3 miles and mostly easy going although there are some steepish paths and a set of wooden steps to be navigated.
Not suitable for buggies but should be no problem for self-propelled children. Lots to see and plenty of watering and feeding points along the way with many side trips possible as time and inclination allow. But whatever else you do - have fun!
There is parking immediately adjacent to the start point and, if you so choose, near to each of the coordinates. To log the cache you need to find the number at each coordinate. Add all the numbers together to give a total. This is then used to calculate the final coordinates of the cache as at 9 below.
1. At the start point. With your back to the lake, what is the speed limit on the main road you can see?
2. 53° 07.424N 004° 07.152W SH58292 60606 Take in the view but how many mountains begin with “T”?
3. 53° 07.489N 004° 07.154W SH58294 60726 You wouldn’t want to be laid out here but when was this built?
4. 53° 07.336N 004° 06.843W SH58631 60434 Though the tunnel for a dive, how deep is the water?
Note:-The answer is found in feet. Don't try and convert anything metric you may find.
5. 53° 06.996N 004° 06.850W SH605 59803 If you miss this one you need new batteries. How many steps up to the entrance?
6. 53° 06.981N 004° 07.156W SH58264 59786 The easy way up. When was this established? Note: There are two dates visible - use the earlier.
7. 53° 07.125N 004° 07.331W SH58076 60058 Not electric but blue. How many mega watts?
8. 53° 07.294N 004° 07.637W SH57744 60381 Time to eat but how many mm’s (millimetres) in the “H”?
9. 53° 07.--- N (total minus 3544) 004° 07.--- W (total minus 3122)
Time to visit the Doctor but not Who.
A bit of a climb but you'll soon feel fine.
Once at the top look out for the drop.
Under a rock you'll find the crock
Well done, Buccaneer!
1 Yyla Cnqnea obng cvre arkg gb pne cnex
2 Fyngr fyno whfg orybj, naq ba gur jnl gb, gur Dhneel Ubfcvgny
3 Zbeghnel ohvyqvat arkg gb Dhneel Ubfcvgny
4 Ivivna Dhneel
5 Qbyonqna Pnfgyr
6 Fabjqba Zbhagnva Envyjnl Fgngvba
7 Crygba Jurry arkg gb Ryrpgevp Zbhagnva
8 Crgr’f Rngf ba Uvtu Fgerrg
9 Obhyqre whfg bss fhzzvg.