TO FIND THIS CACHE IT IS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED YOU FOLLOW THE SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS LISTED AT THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE
THE CACHE IS NOT AT THE STATED COORDINATES.....
- This is one of four Blue level caches in the Quest
- The stated coordinates above are for the parking area
To find this cache you must first find the components of Brass...
GCHJMW - Copper which gives you the North co-ordinates*
GCNC27 - Cadmium which gives you the West co-ordinates*
This cache also contains the West co-ordinates to GCHJN3 - Sulfur
General guidelines for the Alchemy Quest
- Your aim is to find the final Alchemy Cache - GOLD
- Inside each cache are half the co-ordinates to another one
- Copy on to paper, type into your GPS or take a picture of these co-ordinates as you'll need them if you want to do the whole quest.
So you can keep track of coordinates that you have found we have made a printable sheet.
How to Find This Cache
Park somewhere near the co-ordinates listed above.
- Take this path down into Badger Dingle.
- A sign on a nearby tree warns of trespassing - don't worry, this only applies to the gully under the bridge (near which is a blocked up underground tunnel) and the area to your far left. We will be going to the right although you can go down the centre to view the waterfall.
- Walk down to the first area where there are many paths. Take the right hand trail (the lower one, not the higher, rougher path). You should be on the road side of the stream.
- Keep to this path. Some brilliant views of the dingle are to be had so bring your camera! The cache is somewhere along here.
- The path you have taken is near some very steep drops. Keep an eye on children!
- The cache is not hidden in a dangerous location - don't go following your gps down the sheer drops towards the stream.
Once you have reached the monument, climb further up the bank and take the high path.
Keep to this path and eventually it will lead you back to the lane and your car!
*Originally there was an error in recording the co-ordinates at the time of placing the cache. Depending when you collected the numbers, they may not be accurate - but they were corrected. To resolve this, check when you collected the numbers from the base caches:
- The co-ordinates in Copper were corrected and replaced as of 25/05/2018 so no calculation is required. If found before this date subtract 53 from the North co-ordinates found in ~Copper~
- The coordinates in Cadmium were corrected and replaced as of 12/10/2014 so no calculation is required. If found before this date subtract 26 from the West co-ordinates found in ~Cadmium~