PRE-REGISTRATION THROUGH THE SCOUTS WILL BE REQUIRED. The registration packet is now available this link in .pdf format.
The details of the event are still coming together, but some of the planned highlights include:
BONUS CACHE! There will be one very difficult BONUS CACHE, containing a certificate for a SPECIAL PRIZE
Though the exact description of the bonus prize has not yet been released by the BSA, we know that it will contain at least a rechargeable battery kit containing a rapid charger, AC and DC adapters for home or auto use, a battery tester, battery carrying cases, and 4 AA 2000mAh NiMH batteries valued at approximately $50!
Sid Richardson Scout Ranch is a 2500+ acre ranch west of beautiful Lake Bridgeport in North Texas. Many types of caches will be available for geocaching, ranging from easy 1/1 caches to a 4/4 multicache. Most cache containers are small ammo boxes, and there will be 39 caches (plus 1 BONUS cache with prize) in all.
Since Geocaching.com does not approve temporary/limited access caches for GC.com listings, all of the caches found at the event will be logged on this single cache page. The caches that can be logged include:
1. The event itself "EVENT"
2. The GPS competition course "GPS COURSE"
3. The night-time team multi-cache "NIGHT-O"
4. 21 regular caches not involved in this year's bonus cache hunt. "SR-1" through "SR-21"
5. 18 regular caches which are also involved in this year's bonus cache hunt. "SR0401" through "SR0418"
6. BONUS cache
So it is possible that someone could have 43 found logs on this page. Please indicate which cache you are logging at the beginning of each log entry. Each of the physical caches will be named "SR-1" through "SR-20 or "SR0401" through "SR0418".
- $15.00 per person for any competition course (Night-O is fee free) covering entire weekend
- $15.00 per geocache listing packet covering entire weekend (free to those entered in a paid competition course)
- $5 per person per day for Map Hike (kids 5 & under free) RECEIVED by March 17
Cottages (6 people)....$150.00 for weekend
Dorms......................$30 per person for weekend
Camping...................$5 per person for weekend.
Friday night check-in at the ranch is available! Or, feel free to stay elsewhere and just spend the day. A list of possible offsite lodging is included on page 1 of the registration packet.
There will be 5 meals provided
A total if all five meals are purchased... $35.00
OR - Feel free to bring your own food.
INFORMATION REGARDING MEAL/LODGING RESERVATIONS IS POSTED HERE IN .PDF FORMAT.
If you are interested in helping with this event, please contact me (T-storm), Wretsub, or post a note on this page.