Due to health and safety concerns related to COVID-19, the HQ Visitor Center is closed until further notice - please monitor the cache page or Visitor Center website for updates.
This cache is only available while the Visitor Center @ HQ is open. The Visitor Center is inside the Lakeview Building, Suite 300.
Open hours are Monday through Friday 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. except during office closures, listed below. We are closed Saturday, Sunday, & holidays.
To claim this geocache find you must sign the logbook in the GCK25B geocache located in the Visitor Center @ HQ.
We are closed Saturday, Sunday, U.S. holidays, and outside of the posted open hours. The Visitor Center is also closed during these dates and times:
- Due to health and safety concerns related to COVID-19, the HQ Visitor Center is closed until further notice - please monitor the cache page or Visitor Center website for updates.
- Closed: Thursday, September 24, 2020 from 11:00 am - 1:00 pm
- Closed: Thursday, October 22, 2020 from 11:00 am - 1:00 pm
- Closed: Wednesday, November 25, 2020 from 3:00 pm - 5:00 pm
- Closed: Thursday, November 26, 2020 from 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Closed: Friday, November 27, 2020 from 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Closed: Wednesday, December 23, 2020 from 3:00 pm - 5:00 pm
- Closed: Thursday, December 24, 2020 from 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Closed: Friday, December 25, 2020 from 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Closed: Wednesday, December 30, 2020 from 3:00 pm - 5:00 pm
- Closed: Thursday, December 31, 2020 from 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
We strive to list all closures but as you know sometimes things happen. If we have to close the office unexpectedly, we will post a note on the door.
Check out all of the options to visit below. The Visitor Center occasionally closes for private events; please see our office closures posted above to verify our current schedule. Joining us in the Visitor Center and completing the HQ GeoTour are totally free! As a working office, we do not give tours of our office spaces.
Self-Guided Drop-In Visits & Gift Shop - Monday through Friday 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Explore our Visitor Center @ HQ! No reservations required but you can RSVP to let us know you are coming. As these are drop-in hours, if you choose to RSVP, you won't receive a ticket or confirmation when you RSVP. You may just drop-in when we are open! Click here to fill out the RSVP form. NOTICE: Due to health and safety concerns related to COVID-19, the HQ Visitor Center will be closed until further notice - please monitor the cache page or website for updates.
PLEASE NOTE: Do not use this form if you would like to visit the HQ Visitor Center August 16-20 and August 23-27, 2021. You must reserve a time slot in order to visit the Visitor Center during this time. Any previous reservations for the Geocaching HQ Visitor Center the week before and after the 20th Anniversary Celebration are cancelled. Free tickets for the Visitor Center will be available on a first-come, first-served basis on the Event website in January 2021. We will post an Announcement to the cache page when tickets are available.
Visits to the HQ Visitor Center include the following:
- Find the HQ geocache and sign the logbook.
- Capture the moment in our photo booth.
- Discover over 50 rare trackables items.
- Add the HQ souvenir to your account.
- Browse exclusive HQ merchandise and geocaching supplies in the gift shop.
- Learn about the HQ GeoTour and passport
Learn to Cache with the Geocaching® App - Email email@example.com to schedule
Are you new to using the Geocaching® App or want to learn more about using the features? Join us for a 30 minute tutorial and then head out geocaching!
- 30 minute tutorial on using the Geocaching® App.
- Join us in the Visitor Center before or after for a Self-Guided Drop-In Visit.
Large Group Visits - Email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule
We enjoy hosting large groups here at HQ. Do you have a classroom of 4th graders, a program of MBA students, or another large group? Contact us to explore options for visiting.
Contact us - Send us an email at email@example.com with other questions you may have.