Use of geocaching.com services is subject to the terms and conditions in our disclaimer
Cache original created and placed by Mad Max the vicker of Mawgan
SideTracked -Grogley Halt
|The cache is on the boundary between the cyclepath and footpath, so therefore you do not need to go onto the platform to retrieve this cache.
SideTracked - Grogley Halt
|Grogley Halt (50.4832°N 4.7995°W) opened on 2 July 1906 in association with the railmotor service between Bodmin North and Wadebridge although the wooden platform was unlit and trains only stopped during daylight. It is unclear whether any shelter was provided initially, but a GWR style pagoda shelter was provided before 1933, being replaced by a wooden shelter when the platform was rebuilt in concrete in the 1950s. The line just north of Grogley Halt was realigned in 1888, the junction to Ruthern Bridge being on the old alignment which was disconnected at one end only. A ground frame controlled the new junction, which thus involved a reversal on the old alignment to gain the Ruthern Bridge line. The early method of accessing the platform across the River Camel is unclear as access was latterly via the bridge that carried the Ruthern Bridge line after that was lifted in 1934. The station closed to passengers on 30 January 1967. Today the platform survives in relatively good condition.
||This cache is a silver cylindrical pot low down againgst a moss covered tree.
Sbyybj srapr yvar naq pnpur vf ng gur onfr bs n zbff pbirerq gerr oruvaq n cvrpr bs fyngr