I borrowed this idea from my cousin, Cheesehead Dave, who in turn borrowed it from another geocacher.
The text is mostly the same as his cache. I also placed a cache with this name in my previous hometown.
Do you have a problem with geocaching?
Only you can answer that question for yourself. However, taking the following quiz may help to put your relationship to geocaching in perspective for you. If you end up answering "yes" to three or more questions, you may want to take a good look how your life is affected by geocaching. If you answer "yes" to all of the questions, please seek professional help, immediately!!
- Have you missed classes or work because of geocaching?
- Do you have trouble refusing geocaching?
- Do you need geocaching in order to have fun at a party?
- Do you use geocaching to build up your self-confidence?
- Do you use geocaching to help you relax?
- Have you tried to give up geocaching and failed?
- Do you crave geocaching as soon as you wake up?
- Do you get into trouble because of geocaching?
- Do you crave geocaching at a definite time daily?
- Do you lie to others about how often you partake in geocaching?
- Have you gotten into financial difficulties because of geocaching?
- Do you often wish people would just mind their own business about you and geocaching?
This cache is a test to see how addicted to geocaching you really are.
Your goal is to not find this cache.
We all know that there are those among us (and you know who you are!...myself included.) who, when they look at the page showing their 20 nearest caches, see nothing but a perfect page full of finds. Then that new cache comes along and spoils your pristine page. It sits there at the top of the list...taunting you...staring at you like a giant unblinking eye.
It calls out to you. "Fiiiind meeee..." You comply, even though the sun is barely peeking over the horizon.
If you're lucky, you score a First to Find, and then race back to log it in and remove it from your top 20 list.
Ahhhhh! Order again.
The questions you must ask yourself are: How strong am I? Can I resist searching out this cache?
You have little to gain from finding it. Think about this:
- There is no invigorating hike.
- There are no breathtaking views.
- The cache is hidden in a rather uninteresting area near the park.
The only thing you really have to gain from searching out this cache is just adding another find to your total.
Show the world how strong you are. You can stop geocaching anytime you want. Really you can...