Mole says "Stick 'em up!"
How Geocaching Works
Related Web Page
Use of geocaching.com services is subject to the terms and conditions in our disclaimer
A webcam cache, the only one in Kent - A rare icon in the UK and getting rarer - please read the instructions carefully - if you don't and you get your log deleted, you will only have yourself to blame.
To claim this cache :
Stand in the car park and put your arms in the air
*** The cache has been given permission from Freeway, they are happy for people to stand on the forecourt, best place is by the sign ***
*** Please note, this is an active business location - Do not park on their forecourt - there are parking co-ords on the cache point given as a waypoint, please go there and walk to this ***
The webcam is now a live feed, so image capture should be instant - However make sure you have YOUR ARMS IN THE AIR, if it is not clear that the person in the image is a cacher the log may be deleted (it is very easy to sit at a computer and catch someone walking past and say it is you - hence the reason for the specific task of 'ARMS IN THE AIR'
Note - This is best done in daylight - night time images are better than before but it is better to stand forward of the sign (nearer the camera) if the image is not clear the CO may decide it is not good enough and may delete - best not to risk it
***If the webcam is down, sorry it happens, pop into the shop, if open and advise them, they may be able to rectify it.
Please put a NM on to notify the CO, the company have usually been very quick to get faults rectified, but if the CO doesn't know he will not be in a position to contact them to rectify ***
No photos - the only image acceptable is that of the webcam feed showing the cacher in the webcam image. Anything else (selfie photos etc) are not acceptable - if you can't get a screenshot of you on the webcam then do not claim a find as you will be disappointed when your log is deleted.
In order to take the picture then follow these instructions:
1) Arrange for someone to access the webcam at this web site
just left click on the link - will take you to the pic
2) Stand near the SIGN or middle of the car park and stand with your ARMS IN THE AIR.
3) Take a screen shot with you in the image (it is possible to have arms up to do this )
4) Log the find
5) Once you’ve logged your find, then go to your visit report and click “upload an image for this log”
6) Follow the instructions to upload the picture
*** The original instructions above were given when this webcam was first placed in 2005, and included phoning a friend who would then capture your image on their home computer - since then with laptops, tablets, mobile phones, smart phones etc. etc. it is possible to do this by yourself - however if you do, remember you must still put an arm in the air as this identifies you as a cacher and not a passer-by (both arms in the air can easily be done but with the live feed this is a little harder if you are on your own)
examples of acceptable and not acceptable
** Please note - be sure to check that the image is coming up and is current before you try this - on the odd occasion there have been problems with the webcam - particularly at weekends (though Freeway are very good at getting it sorted once they have been made aware) - so to save disappointment, check it first**
Any groups or multiple claims must be accompanied by photos with identifying markers indicating who is who (arrows with names pointing to the cacher is usually the option used)
Group images to look like this
The CO will use discretion with these and will approve/reject the claims
In addition :- 1) if you have found this cache already you can not make a second claim (this has been done in the past to enable icon challenges to be completed)
2) previous finders are known and it will be evident if you have changed a previous find to a note or deleted completely
3) Any breaches of the above the cacher will be asked to delete the new claim and reinstate the old one. The rationale behind this is that if it is allowed for this cache to be altered in this manner then potentially any caches of different icons can be altered in the same manner thus making light of what is quite a hard challenge (the multiple icon challenge). Further more, this as a cache may have been used to claim previous challenges and if that 'find' is deleted' it makes that challenge null and void too.
I have had to add this as this has been tried now several times
For a fuller explanation of the rationale behind the requirements - please read the following
Oh! and one last thing (shameful plug moment !) - these types of caches are getting rarer - if you liked it, please consider a fav point
After all - it is a cache that is now over 13 years old (dated 2018)
Thanks - ddm
Unir V fnvq vg orsber ? - Znxr fher lbh CHG GUBFR NEZF HC !!
- 2005This was taken in 2005, this was ddm showing how it was to be done back then - the image position has changed several times since then
- 2013This is the webcam image in 2013 (a difference to 2005) - it has changed even more since then
- 2018This is now a live feed webcam - so instant images can be obtained making this an easy place to get your screenshot
- 2018 - best place to stand
- Mole at the webcam siteThis IS me at the website - It looks as if I have no head - that is due to a drop of rain in the camera - but I dont expect you to have to behead yourself to claim this cache. Please note this is not what the webcam shows now (2018)
Loading Cache Logs...
Coordinates are in the WGS84 datum