In order to link the South Pasadena Oaklawn housing development and Fair Oaks Avenue, a main thoroughfare, Charles and Henry Greene designed their only bridge in 1906. This graceful reinforced concrete structure spanned the Atchison, Topeka and Santa Fe rail line, a cycleway, and a private roadway. The bridge consisted of five gently arcing shallow-radius spans totaling 340 feet.
The city was required to repair and strengthen the bridge during construction of the MTA Gold Line, which runs underneath it. South Pasadena’s Cultural Heritage Commission insisted that the bridge be restored to its original Greene and Greene design, which had been altered early on by the unnecessary addition of a pier under the central arch.
At the foot of the bridge, the Greenes designed a waiting station for Oaklawn commuters who needed to catch the streetcar line along Fair Oaks. The Waiting Station is made of large boulders in the craftsman mode topped by a terra cotta roof to offer protection from the elements.
Note: it is not necessary (and indeed undesirable) to search under the bridge or anywhere near the Gold Line tracks. On the other hand, do look at the amazing house at 431 Oak Lawn.
The cache is a camoed Rx container, about 2' from the south side of the bridge (near the west end) and a little below the top of the bridge.