How Geocaching Works
Use of geocaching.com services is subject to the terms and conditions in our disclaimer
On July 10th, the Connecticut Administrator turned on the computer to find seven new caches submitted for approval. Using the clues below, find out who placed which cache and who was FTF at each. Your answers will guide you to a micro which contains the coordinates to the final cache. How you go about solving this puzzle will determine how easily you find the coordinates. Good luck!
1. Of the seven caches submitted, the first and last approved were placed by yodafrog.
2. Zing-it with 207 finds was not FTF at 3:16 pm-approved Palisades Park, but either CT Campers or RJParrot was. At 11:32 am, exactly one hour after approval, Zing-it was FTF at Octopus’s Garden.
3. Geo Hoedown (116 finds) was FTF at the CT Campers’ cache that was approved at 11:01 am. The FTF prize was Cache Glass. CT Campers hid three caches of which none were micros and 10th Avenue Freeze Out (approved at 9:47 am) was not one.
4. Daytripper (455 finds) did not have a good day with no new hides or finds. He did have fun, however, listening to BrOKEN PrOMISE.
5. RJParrot’s finds grew to 93 but his FTF count did not increase. Meanwhile, sichNrin’s finds increased to 30 less than Plan-It’s but their hides stayed at 12.
6. CT Campers’ FTF was a milestone at 100 finds and it was the last cache approved that day. Yodafrog (396 finds) was FTF at one of CT Campers’ caches but it was not Strawberry Fields.
7. Ocean Avenue was approved at 2:12 pm and was placed by someone with no FTFs.
8. In My Place was approved at 11:55 am and was a multi-cache, while One Sweet World only being a micro was approved at 1:02 pm.
9. Plan-It didn’t place any caches but did have a FTF. It was Plan-It’s 633rd find.
10. Lost and Found (502 finds) is not a fan of Dave Matthews or Yellow Card and would not name his cache after one of their songs, but he does like the Beatles.
11. Just Muggles were rocking out to the CD Born to Run, his FTF prize, and enjoying his 549th find.
12. sichNrin were FTF at Geo Hoedown’s cache.
The coordinates above will lead you to a local store which has many puzzle books. In setting up the cache, I experienced bounce at the cache site which is reflected in the star rating. There is a Wooden “Ax” Nickel for FTF and a chance to join the ranks of the cachers named herein!!
Puzzle Clue – Va n tevq sbezng, neenatr gur pnpuref va beqre bs svaqf (fgnegvat jvgu gur ybjrfg), naq neenatr rnpu pnpur ol vg’f nccebiny gvzr (fgnegvat jvgu gur svefg nccebirq). Pnpur bjaref rdhnyf KK KK.KKKA. SGS rdhnyf KK KK KKKJ
Cache Site Clue – Cnex ba “zl qnq’f” ynar jurer lbh jvyy svaq gur genvy urnq ba gur fbhgujrfg fvqr bs gur ebnq. Vs lbh svaq lbhefrys whfg orlbaq n fgbar jnyy whfg bss gur benatr genvy, ybbx erny uneq naq lbh fubhyq abg snvy.
Loading Cache Logs...
Coordinates are in the WGS84 datum