How Geocaching Works
Use of geocaching.com services is subject to the terms and conditions in our disclaimer
There are steep banks and walls near the cache, while the overall area is safe, caution should be used with small children.
Built in 1857, the original Low’s Covered Bridge was a one-lane, patented, Long-truss structure spanning 130 feet. It was tragically destroyed by a flood on April 1, 1987—the same fate that had befallen two previous bridges at the site. Loss of this treasured landmark, a link to the forefathers of engineering, generated much local support for replacement with another covered bridge. In 1990 a new bridge was constucted. It was assembled off-site, rolled into place, and lowered onto the original stone-masonry abutments that had been raised almost 3 feet to reduce the potential for future flood damage.
This Cache is a popular stop for travelers going to the Greenville area and also can be accessed by ATV as part of the "Rails To Trails" series.
arne jurer gur byq zrrgf gur arj, lbh znl unir gb zbir n ebpx be gjb, ybbx sbe gur fznyy gerr naq gung znl or lbhe orfg pyhr
Loading Cache Logs...
Coordinates are in the WGS84 datum