Country Homestead B&B
In Iowa, United States
How Geocaching Works
Related Web Page
Use of geocaching.com services is subject to the terms and conditions in our disclaimer
N of Turin on Larpenteur Rd. On the West Slope of the Loess Hills. Up the trail through the Pass. Park at the Country Homestead B&B and learn 1st hand about the Loess Hills.
On Larpenteur Rd, 1 mile N of Turin. Park at the Country Homestead B&B. For those who plan to go "Over The Hill". Follow the sign on the north side of the Barn up the trail. Once you have found the cache continue a hike South along the West Slope Ridge through native prairie. Observe 20 miles of Missouri River Flood Plain directly to the west. Identify the marine animal to be identified in the nearby wetlands. See if you can name it.
Pna or sbhaq ba gur Jrfg Pbnfg--bs Vbjn! Pbyr Cbegre qrfpevorq vg nf "...gur Evqtr Jurer gur Jrfg Pbzzraprf." N angheny unovgng sbe Lhppn. Gjb fhofgnagvny uvyyf gb pyvzo - ohg gur ivrjf nf lbh tb uvture jvyy or jbegu vg.
- Additional high altitude hike!This hike isn't the hardest you can do but it has a wonderful view and a great trail! Bring your hiking shoes! Happy trails!
- David and Lin Zahrt ready to greet you.This is the sign you will see as you near your destination. Get ready for a hike into the beautiful Loess hills. Stop by and say "Hi", to David and Lin they will make you feel right at home and even fill up your water bottle if you need to
- David hiking up the trail
- Looking down toward the road.You'll need to hike a little to get to this view, it's worth it!
- view of the meadowHere's just one shot of the beautiful land around the cache
Last Updated: on 10/15/2013 01:57:11 Pacific Daylight Time (08:57 GMT)
Coordinates are in the WGS84 datum