* * * Update 5/19/2014 * * *
I know many are hoping this webcam is up and going for Geowoodstock in a couple of weeks. I hope so too. I am in contact with the webcam owners (an organization, not individuals) to see how we can work together to get the webcam operational - even if we have to purchase a new one and use our own server. Since I can't change the coords to relocate the webcam, I am at their mercy. Periodically this webcam goes down for maintenance but always comes up, which will be the case here-it just might not be in time for our big event. On the cache page there is an alternative way to log the cache. While some may not agree that this cache should be logged this way, that is up to the finder and how they want to play the game. We all play the game differently and at different levels. Remember this is a fun game/sport that encourages people to get out of the house and explore the world. Peace! BWAT
* * * Links Updated as of 4/2/2013! * * *
New Town in St. Charles is a master planned community in which there are 11 phases being built. This town will have a city hall, YMCA, community lakes and parks, townhomes, houses and a whole host of businesses, schools and churches. The webcam is placed on top of a church tower. It faces the courtyard which has a coffee shop. The coords will take you to an area where you will be visible to the camera. . From there, you can use either a cell attached laptop of a cell phone to call someone to capture your picture. They have WiFi at the location so bring your laptop or PDA and it should work. Here is how you must log this cache:
1) Go to the designated area (The Coords Above will get you to the main entrance) There are several webcams but sometimes only one is working. Please check the webcam online to see the area you need to go to. Currently the active webcam is at the New Town Clock Tower at the Chapel but has several shots from that angle.
2) Have someone go to the following site: NEW TOWN WEBCAM
You will have to install ActiveX controls to make this work.
3) Have them pan the camera until they see you. Use the zoom buttons to get closer!
4) They can right click on your image and save it or they can use the capture feature on the website. If you use the capture image from the website, you will be shown the last captured picture. You MUST Click the "Start Capture" button. This will display the current image and you can save this one as well.
5) Save it and upload with your log.
LOGS WHERE YOU CANNOT TELL WHO IS IN THE PICTURE WILL BE DELETED! THE ZOOM WORKS WELL!!
If the above address is not working, try..... http://www.ntga.net
Direct Camera Access if you have the software loaded is at: DIRECT ACCESS
Remember, you must upload your pic with the log entry. If you fail to do so, your log will be deleted. If it is ever offline for a bit, please take a photo of yourself with the fountain in the background. But if the webcam is working, you must take your picture using the webcam. I will check to see if it's up.
If you really want to have some fun, feel free to wear something unusual. In any case, have fun with this one.