From September 2001 to August 2004, Vancouver Transit made over 150 different stops, each one lasting anywhere from a few hours to a few days before moving on to the next.
Vancouver Transit is no more, but I thought it would be great to memorialize the stops it made along the way by placing permanent caches where the TRANSIenT ones once lay. Everyone is invited to join the Vancouver Transit Memorial Project (VTMP).
Here is how it will work.
I have started the ball rolling with VTMP #90. Hope to see many more popping up soon.
- I will maintain a master list of the original VT cache locations
- If you know which location you wish to commemorate, email me email@example.com and I will check your location off the list
- If you would like to be assigned a location, email me with the general area you have in mind, and I will send you the coordinates of nearby VT cache locations.
- Caches may be of any size or type, and should be placed as close to the original location as possible. Since the exact original location may only be known to as few as two people (the original hider and finder), good judgement will come into play.
- If you decide to make it a multi-cache, remember that the final coordinates are already common knowledge.
- Your cache title will begin with the heading "VTMP XXX:" where XXX is a number I will assign based on the original VT cache. Following this header, you can add a further title of your choosing.
- Your cache description should also include the date the original VT cache was hidden