The cache is not located at the coordinates listed above, but within 5 kilometres. There are two possible methods for obtaining the correct coordinates, one of the methods is to decode the image below.
A series of caches remembering Vancouver Transit. This cache was originally hidden between October 09 and November 17 2001. This is a small, black, cylindrical micro cache. Rehide as you found it, please. There is no need to leave the trail. This cache is wheelchair accessible. Pretend you're tying your shoe laces when you retrieve and replace the cache. You should bring your own pen to sign the logbook, in the event the tiny pencil is unusable.
About Vancouver Transit
Vancouver Transit (GC19D6) was a "moving cache" and one of the most popular caches ever to hit the lower mainland. Once found, the cache finder would pick up the entire cache and re-hide it in a new location, somewhere in the Greater Vancouver area.
From September 2001 to August 2004, Vancouver Transit made over 150 different stops, each one lasting anywhere from a few hours to a few days before moving on to the next.
Vancouver Transit is no more, but Pharmadude thought it would be great to memorialize the stops it made along the way by placing permanent caches where the TRANSIenT ones once lay. Everyone is invited to join the Vancouver Transit Memorial Project (VTMP).
Here is how it will work.
Click for a list of all current VTMP caches.
- Pharmadude will maintain a master list of the original VT cache locations.
- If you know which location you wish to commemorate, email pharmadude (AT) shaw (DOT) ca and he will check your location off the list.
- If you would like to be assigned a location, email Pharmadude with the general area you have in mind, and he will send you the coordinates of nearby VT cache locations.
- Caches may be of any size or type, and should be placed as close to the original location as possible. Since the exact original location may only be known to as few as two people (the original hider and finder), good judgement will come into play.
- If you decide to make it a multi-cache, remember that the final coordinates are already common knowledge.
- Your cache title will begin with the heading "VTMP No. XXX:" where XXX is a number Pharmadude will assign based on the original VT cache. Following this header, you can add a further title of your choosing.
- Your cache description should also include the date the original VT cache was hidden.
|If you are a Geocacher in the Lower Mainland, please join us. The LMGA is your gateway to caching in and around the lower mainland.