Use this space to describe your geocache location, container, and how it's hidden to your reviewer. If you've made changes, tell the reviewer what changes you made. The more they know, the easier it is for them to publish your geocache. This note will not be visible to the public when your geocache is published.
How Geocaching Works
Use of geocaching.com services is subject to the terms and conditions in our disclaimer
A simple offset-cache set in a quiet nature reserve beside the Stratford canal.
Priory Fields is a 13-acre nature reserve on the southern edge of Birmingham. The site is home to many birds; local bird watchers have reported sightings of jays, willow warblers, GS woodpeckers, goldcrests, kestrels and whitethroat. We've also seen bats flying around at dusk.
Priory Fields is also home to 5 different cache types.
In addition to this short multi there is a traditional, letterbox, earthcache and wherigo located in the reserve. You will pass the letterbox and earthcache while doing this multi.
The co-ordinates shown above locate the main entrance of the reserve.
At the entrance note down the number of horizontal beams in the green gate:
The cache location can be deduced as follows:
N 52 24.534 + ( 5 * n)
W 001 51.703 - (20 * n)
Please keep to the paths as you pass through the nature reserve. The paths will be muddy in places. I recommend boots or wellies.
As you enter the woods on the other side you should be about 20m from the cache.
The cache is a 1/2 litre tub.
- Getting CloseThese posts (I presume soon to be a kissing gate) mark the western edge of the reserve. When you see these, you're getting close.
- Priory FieldsA view from inside the nature reserve.
- The Birmingham-Stratford CanalAbout 30 yards from the cache you'll find the Birmingham-Stratford canal as it weaves its way through the Birmingham suburbs.
- The DrawbridgeAbout a mile along the towpath is the drawbridge at Major's Green.
- The Drawbridge PubAnd next to the drawbridge is the Drawbridge public house. Uncanny, eh?
Last Updated: on 11/15/2017 3:58:15 PM (UTC-08:00) Pacific Time (US & Canada) (11:58 PM GMT)
Coordinates are in the WGS84 datum