How Geocaching Works
Use of geocaching.com services is subject to the terms and conditions in our disclaimer
Collaborate with a fellow cacher in KZN and grab this cache.
In order to find this cache you will need to collaborate with a cacher in KZN. There are specific log requirements, so read through the cache page carefully.
This cache is located in GP and the other in KZN, GCPQXB. The coordinates given for this cache will lead you to your initial waypoint where you will find a black canister containing the cache coordinates for the cache in KZN.
Similarly the coordinates for the KZN cache, will lead your collaborator to a waypoint where he/she will find a small canister containing the coordinates for this cache.
Your collaboration can be piecemeal (i.e. emails etc.), or you can do this realtime. There is mobile reception at both of the waypoints.
You can use this thread on the Groundspeak Forums to find a collaborator.
Take note of the log requirements below, or your logs will be deleted:
1. If you have physically found this cache, you must post a “Found It” note.
2. Your collaborator in KZN in turn must post a note against this cache to confirm that they collaborated with you on this cache
3. If your collaborator does not post their note within 24 hours of your log, your log will be deleted
4. Your collaboration must be unique, i.e. you may only collaborate once with a cacher. Exclusion to this in point 5.
5. You may subsequently find the cache in KZN many months after your initial collaboration. If you do, make sure your “Found It” log for the KZN cache references your initial collaboration by referencing the date and with whom you collaborated. You may also offer to collaborate with a cacher in GP when you physically find the cache in KZN.
If you decide to do these caches without a collaboration and physically find both caches then ensure that your log indicates that you are not collaborating. You must post your logs for both caches within 14 days, or your logs will be deleted.
Notes for this cache:
The waypoint and cache are located in the Klipriviersberg nature reserve. The walk to the waypoint is approximately 3km (depends on your route) and will take you between 30-45minutes to reach.
Parking and start point: S 26º 16.970' E 28º 00.578'
There is no path for the last 180m to the waypoint. However, I suggest that you follow the paths until you reach S 26º 17.042' E 28º 01.122' where you will find an animal track which will lead you to the waypoint.
NB: The cache is in a waterproof 2.6l container and is contained within a green waterproof bag. Review and print these instructions to make sure you close the bag correctly.
|Original Contents of Cache:
||World Wind CD
3D Pop out world
Compact tin opener
A Chicken :-)
TB Zak Zebra TBDB7E
Gur pnpur vf haqre fbzr ebpxf.
- WaypointFollow the walking stick
Loading Cache Logs...
Coordinates are in the WGS84 datum