The development is euphemistically called a "park", but in the sense of a business development, almost the exact opposite of its other, greener, meaning. At present there are some exemplary vistas of crushed stone and asphalt, though this will change in the green direction as the site is developed, one imagines and hopes. There is no reason for stopping here except for the cache and the few things on offer, such as:
- a minibank,
- a tourist information office,
- a chance to buy souvenirs of Norway,
- a pleasant children's play area,
- a burger bar,
- a chance to cache on the way from shopping in Sweden,
- your first cache in Norway, perhaps,
- a pizza shop for some food when returning from a day's caching,
- a short wooden staircase giving a reasonable view to Halden,
- a motel.
Ok, so apart from that, what has the park done for us?
To get to the general area by car from the E6, follow the roadsign for Halden and the food symbol to a site directly next to the E6. The cache is a smallish box that is enough for a few treasures and TBs, but a bit small to call a TB hotel (even though people seem to be using as such). If you accidentally drop or move it while looking, please try to replace it in the place indicated by the hint - the cache has been lost from this spot before (when you find it you will understand)