O Pecce (podle Zmizeleho Novopacka vyd. Paseka)
Historie hradu a vsi Pecka zacina pravdepodobne jako u dalsich hradu v okoli na zacatku 14. stoleti. Hrad tehdy nejspis patril nekteremu z Vartenberku a ves jakemusi Budivojovi z Pecky, o kterem je v teto souvislosti zminka z roku 1322. V roce 1350 je na Pecce dolozena existence kostela a fary. Pozdeji hrad zazil oblehani sirotky za husitskych valek a take vystridal mnoho majitelu. Na prelomu 15. a 16. stoleti byl rozsiren a byly provedeny cetne pozdne goticke upravy. Dalsi stridani majitelu se zastavilo za Skopku z Bilych Otradovic. Adam Skopek prestavel puvodne dreveny Peckovsky farni kostel na kamenny a hrad byl behem druhe poloviny 16. stoleti postupne prebudovan na reprezentativni renesancni zamecke sidlo tvorene ctyrmi dvoupatrovymi kridly, ktera obklopovala nadvori. V roce 1607 presla polovina panstvi do vlastnictvi Krystofa Haranta, jenz pokracoval v upravach. Jeho manzelka v roce 1612 koupila od Skopka jeho dil majetku a doslo ke spojeni hradu s panstvim. Behem tricetilete valky (1618-1648) Pecku nekolikrat vypalili a vyloupili Svedove a take v dalsim obdobi se Pecka mnohokrat stala obeti vojenskeho pleneni. Po Harantove smrti byla Anna Salomena donucena Albrechtem z Valdstejna panstvi odprodat za 130 000 kop misenskych. Albrecht pak v roce 1627 daroval panstvi s hradem Peckou, mesteckem v podhradi, 11 vesnicemi a 4 dvory kartuzianskemu klasteru ve Valdicich. Kartuziani se starali predevsim o mestecko, kde vybudovali vodovod, opravili puvodni pivovar zniceny za tricetilete valky a zboreny po roce 1926, ziskali pravo dvou vyrocnich trhu a vystaveli novy kostel na miste puvodniho. Za zhruba 110 let vyrostlo v Pecce 98 domu, byla postavena nova radnice a fara. Na vez radnice byly roku 1712 umisteny hodiny. Cim vice se kartuziani starali o mestecko a kostel, tim mene od 18. stoleti pecovali o hrad. Roku 1830 uz jako majetek knizete Ferdinanda z Trauttmansdorffu hrad vyhorel. Mestecko usilovalo o jeho renovaci, zpustla stavba se vsak postupne rozpadala a po zboreni veze v roce 1890 se promenila v ruinu. Pri prilezitosti 300. vyroci popravy ceskych panu na Staromestskem namesti v Praze se roku 1921 zricenina stala majetkem obce Pecka. Byly realizovany prvni zachranne prace a opravy. Dalsi probehly v 60. letech 20. stoleti. Zapadni palac byl opatren strechou a byla provedena rekonstrukce dvou hornich pater. Po roce 1989 byly upraveny nektere prostory v prizemi. V hradnim sklepeni vznikly vystavni prostory a expozice venovana hrdelnimu pravu.
About Pecka (based on Lost Novopacko publ. Paseka)
History of the castle and the village probably begins like that of other castles in the area in the beginning of the 14th century. The castle likely belonged to one of Vartenbergs and the village to a certain Budivoj of Pecka, that is in this context mentioned in the 1322. The existence of the church and the vicarage is supported by the evidence from the year 1350. Later the castle undergone the sieging by orphans in hussite wars and took many different owners. On the turn of the 15th and 16th century it was extended and several late gothical modifications were done there. Following owner changing stopped in times of Skopek of Bile Otradovice. Adam Skopek reconstructed earlier wooden parish church with the stone and the castle was step by step rebuilt to a representative palatial residence created by four two storey wings surrounding the courtyard. Half of the land in 1607 came into the posession of Christoph Harant which carried on modifications. When his wife bought the other half of the land from Skopek in 1612, the castle and the land were put together. Pecka was in Thirty Years' War (1618-1648) several times burned down and robbed by Swedes and also in the next era became a casualty of many plunderings. After Harants death, Anna Salomena was forced by Albrecht of Valdstejn to sell the land for 130.000 meissen threescores. Then Albrecht gifted the land with the castle, a townlet round the castle, 11 villages and 4 courts to cartusian monastery in Valdice. Cartuzians took care of the town in the first place. They had built a water line, repaired a brewery damaged in Thirty Years' War and pulled down after the year 1926, they obtained the right of two annual markets and built new church in place of the old one. In nearly 110 years 98 houses grew up in Pecka and a new town hall and a vicarage was set up. The clock was put on the town hall tower in the year 1712. More the cartusians took care of the town and the church, the less they were caring about the castle since the 18th century. Then the castle burned down in the 1830 already in the possession of duke Ferdinand of Trauttmansdorff. The town strived to repair it, but desolated building was falling apart and turned into a ruin after breaking down the tower in the 1890. On the occasion of the 300th anniversary of Czech lords' execution on the Old town square in Prague the ruin became a property of Pecka town in the year 1921. The first rescue works and repairs were done. Next came in the 60th of the 20th century. Western palace was equipped with the roof and the reconstruction of two upper storeys was done. After the year 1989 were finished some of the ground floor spaces. In castles vault were created exhibition rooms and the expositions dedicated to capital offense law.