When the LOG rolls over......
Use of geocaching.com services is subject to the terms and conditions in our disclaimer
This cache is located in a small town cemetery.
In 1855, Dr DiMond took out patents on the timberland here; Diamond Creek was named for him; Mr. Southard and Mr. Witcher, while drifting in a small skiff in 1857; succeeded in making land and they named the place Port Hope; William R. Stafford bought the DiMond and and Southard Claims, built a lumber mill in 1858, and around it the town grew; the lumber firm of Stafford & Haywood were its principle proprietors, and the place was also called Stafford; it was given a post office as Port Hope, with Mr. Stafford becoming its first postmaster on January 6, 1860; incorporated as a village in 1887.
This cache is located near the William Stafford burial plot in this cemetery.
Qba'g sbetrg gb "YBT" "YBT" lbhe ivfvg arne gur frng bs gur fgnssbeq cybg.