Use of geocaching.com services is subject to the terms and conditions in our disclaimer
Located in the Ludington cemetery
Jeremiah Ludington JR, born 1826, and his wife, the former Marie Trescott (1834-1921) arrived at the settlement of Allen’s Creek later called Rock Falls. On April 13th 1850. They arrived aboard the Steamer Ben Franklin and had to be rafted to shore as there was no dock available. Ludington was 21 year old and his bride of less than a year was just 15 years old. Marie was the first white women to set foot in sand beach and their son, Almond, born in 1850, was the first white child born here. A short time after arrival Jeremiah went in search of a place to settle and was awed by the white sandy beach. He brought Marie and their p[possessions to the spot he had settled about where the Anchorage now stands. After clearing some forest he built a two room log shanty and called the location Sand Beach. The name by which this town was known until 1899 when it became Harbor Beach. At the foot of what is now Buell street, Ludington erected a sawmill for the manufacturer of shingles, a few years later he built a frame house near the mill as well as a general store. About 1856 he sold the mill to Carrington and Pack and in 1857 he moved to center harbor one mile south of town. where his father-in-law Huntington Trescott owned a sawmill. He and his family remained here until the mill was burned in the fire of 1864. After which they moved to Verona Mills where he again built a sawmill. In 1869, the mill produced over 400 thousand feet of cut lumber.
Cache is an ammo can of which the contents upon placement are as follows: Log with pen and pencil. Camera to take a photo to be posted when it is developed, toy cellphone, flower palz toy, superball, toy snake, tiny toy lizard, pencil for the taking, toy water squirter and a mini FM radio w/light.
(No hints available.)