Use of geocaching.com services is subject to the terms and conditions in our disclaimer
Easy find in Stafford Park, watch for muggles that wander here.
This chimney was built in 1858 by John Geitz. It is all that remains of the lumber mill established that year by William R. Stafford. Port Hope grew up around the mill. For a score of years this town was the center of lumbering in the Thumb. It also became an important producer of salt. In 1871 and again in 1881 the mill, the docks, and possessions of hundreds of people were destroyed by fire. This chimney is a monument to those pioneers who by their courage and industry developed this area.
Cache is a military Decon container whic upon placement contains the following: log and pencil, toy lizard, golf ball, surfboard keychain and mini wicker basket.
svir gb gur yrsg, svir gb gur evtug, V nz uvqvat bhg bs fvtug.