Whitman Webcam Webcam Cache
This cache has been locked, but it is available for viewing.
Related Web Page
Use of geocaching.com services is subject to the terms and conditions in our disclaimer
Welcome to Whitman, the college ranked by the Princeton Review as the second-happiest in the nation! This is a webcam cache. In order to log it, you must submit an image of yourself at the location. Here’s how to do it:
1. Find a cell phone and a partner at a computer, or, bring a smartphone or laptop or something else capable of accessing the internet.
2. Go to the location, while your partner watches the camera at (visit link) .
3. Get yourself positioned so that you are clearly visible in the picture.
4. Hold up your GPSr or smartphone and smile for the camera! (Try to make it clear you're a cacher, not just a random person passing by.)
5. Have your partner save a copy of the webcam image of you at the site with your arm above your head. (This is usually done by right-clicking on the image and selecting “Save Image.”)
6. Log your visit and upload the picture. Yay!
Again, only logs where you are clearly visible and holding your GPSr or smartphone are acceptable. Being in the picture is more important than being at the exact coordinates. The camera appears to take a new picture if and only if someone hits the “Refresh image now” button on the web page. Have fun!
Update: If the Ankeny Field cam is down, you may submit a picture from the nearby Reid Campus Center. It's open 8 AM to 11 PM during the academic term, and from Monday to Friday until 5 PM during the summer.
(No hints available.)